Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bringing back retired bundles/items?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 28, 2019
So, I'm a player from ye olden days. Lost my old account, long story, but i remember having the massive fantasy palace. I'm wondering if theres a precedent for KI bringing back retired crowns store items and bundles for purchase, discounting Throwback Thursday, because thats a single day a year, often late in the month, when it appears, and sitting on a hoard of crowns to make sure i can buy items when it comes along is... well... I have poor control when it comes to that. So something thats longer than literally a day is basically a must for me, so if nothing else, i have a chance to procure the proper funding. Or is a single random day a year the only chance i have?

If there's a precedent, i can keep my hopes up that its possible, even plausible, but if not, I'm gonna have to sit here reminiscing over the glory days at other peoples houses on the tour. Whilst also sitting on basically an entire month of spending just in case it might happen.

Also, do retired store items appear on throwback thursdays, or only bundle items? Like, say, the pets being retired during this spring cleaning?

Also, do throwback thursdays get *any* prior announcement? I mean, people like me, who wake up late, and have to rely on rides from others with stricter schedules, cant get our money ready in time if there isnt any prior warning. And this seems like the kind of event that would be worth hyping as much as possible.

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
Throwback Thursdays usually pop out of the blue, but I think Bundle-a-Palooza might better fit what you're looking for. It's a special occasion when bundles are heavily discounted and retired ones return. It typically occurs in September, so you have some time to prepare and save up.

Here's what last year's held: https://www.wizard101.com/game/bundleapalooza2018

However, it's worth noting that you can't buy entire bundles with crowns. You'd have to use a traditional payment source. Individual retired items for crowns purchase would only be available through Throwback Thursdays.

Explorer
Mar 28, 2019
Vanessa Mythdust on Apr 7, 2019 wrote:
Throwback Thursdays usually pop out of the blue, but I think Bundle-a-Palooza might better fit what you're looking for. It's a special occasion when bundles are heavily discounted and retired ones return. It typically occurs in September, so you have some time to prepare and save up.

Here's what last year's held: https://www.wizard101.com/game/bundleapalooza2018

However, it's worth noting that you can't buy entire bundles with crowns. You'd have to use a traditional payment source. Individual retired items for crowns purchase would only be available through Throwback Thursdays.
Thank you very much for this knowledge. This massively helps my personal goal to get the Massive Fantasy Palace again.