Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Training points?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 26, 2018
I've been looking everywhere but I can't find when the next free buy-back training points. does anybody know when it is?

Survivor
Nov 20, 2011
According to their twitter the buy back is today thru 1/20.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
The benefit just started today and will be ending Sunday.

Use it wisely because this in addition to Double Gardening are the rarest bonus KI employs!

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
yokoyang on Jan 18, 2019 wrote:
I've been looking everywhere but I can't find when the next free buy-back training points. does anybody know when it is?
We earn additional training points throughout our journey, from leveling up and side quests. We can use these to buy additional spells of our choice. We can buy off-school spells (eg a non-death wizard can go to the Death School and train up to Feint).

Training points are limited and at higher levels we want to have some spare to buy potent trap, sharpen blade, sun school spells, shadow spells etc... As training points are LIMITED, many wizards accidentally spend them on things they wish they hadn't and don't have enough left for the spells they really want.

When a wizard wants to reset their training point spells and get their points back to spend on better combos of spells they have to go to Mr Lincoln in Golem Court. Unfortunately, the more points you've spent, the more it will cost. It's a crown price to reset them and can get very expensive!

Free training point reset allows members to reset their training points FREE while the benefit is active! It's a great opportunity to start over and correct mistakes of the past...and some wizards like to use it a couple of times to get the badges for training certain ways too eg Master of Shapes - requires a wizard to train all moon spells up to level 98. It is found on page 1 of miscellaneous badges. Here is the link to the basic badges guide.

I hope this helps

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
You need to visit Mr. Lincoln in Golem Court in Wizard City. He will have a spell card icon above his head. Press the X key to talk to Mr. Lincoln. I will bring up a dialog box and it will show you the offer to buy back training points. Normally this costs crowns. IF you have a membership, the crown cost will be FREE. If you do not have membership, it will show an amount cost in crowns. If you do not see a zero crown cost or it does not say free point buyback, then do not click the BUY BACK NOW button. If it is free, then click the Buy Back Now button.

Once you click the button, all spells you may have trained will disappear from your spell list and from your deck. ONLY your Loremaster trained spells will remain behind and your school spells. If you got any spells from opening packs those will still be in your deck also. Only spells for which you learned with training points will be gone.

To get them back or train new spells, you need to go around to the different schools or places where you trained the spells and use training points to get them back. This way you can learn new and different spells.

If you do this and are still not satisfied, you can go back to Mr. Lincoln again and repeat the process SO long as free point buyback is in effect. It ends Sunday evening, so do it soon if you have not done it already. They do this a few times a year, so if you miss this time, it will happen again - probably in about 3 or 4 months. Good Luck.