Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Deck Building Help

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 27, 2018
I would like some aid in building a proper deck for Death Leveling. Currently I am Lvl 49 on my Wizard finishing Dragonspyre.

I have heard that you should blade up and trap up as much as possible before hitting, but is there another method that Is care free? It takes me several rounds before hitting and during that time an enemy will put up shields and weakness, so I want to see if there is a quicker method for getting through fights.

Current Set up:
4 Wraith
4 Scarecrow
4 Feint
4 Death Trap
4 Death Blade
3 Spirit Blades
3 Death Prism
2 Tower Shields
2 Satyr

I also just got the Lord of Night card, and seeing if I should use it over Wraith since it costs 1 pip less with slightly less damage.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2016
Well, if you don't want to deal with shields, I would suggest trying to farm/craft Deer Knight, Its a good spell for death early and later levels and since the Holidays are here, drop rates may be increased, I'd check out loremaster maybe.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
As far as am aware, unless you have at least around 50% death damage your best spell is scarecrow and deer knight for grinding and leveling. for now, you're stuck with blading. Make use with what you can right now until you can farm deer knight or craft it. There no real easy way around the bush us life wizard don't even get an aoe spell until level 58.

Survivor
Oct 27, 2018
Sounds good, I have 34% Damage right now so I could just blade up and hit with scarecrow. I've been farming from the Loremaster to see if I can get that deer knight and opening packs but no luck so far. TY for the heads up

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
It seems you're using a very out-dated deck style of playing.

Like you said, enemies in Dragonspyre enjoy shielding and using weakness; so, how do you effectively get around this?

Make your deck smaller/Have two decks - The deck you're currently using for your mob battles is too large. That should instead be used for possibly boss battles. So, instead, cut the deck down severely. I recommend:

3 Deathblades
2 Feints
1-2 Deathtraps
2 Spiritual Blades
1 Vampire
1 Banshee
3 Scarecrows OR 3 Deer Knights and 1 Scarecrow

Side Deck - Deer Knight Treasures and Giant and/or Monstrous Treasures - Use these to enchant your hits.

I also suggest that you craft the Deer Knight Spell. It's of great importance to you as it is very effective in getting the job done, especially when enchanted.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
You only put prisms when you're facing opponents of your own school.

So, there's no reason to walk around with them in your deck all the time; it just adds and waste space.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
You have good spells, but probably more of them than you usually need.

If you don't have Deer Knight, Scarecrow will be your main attack for multiple enemies. Wraith or Pirate for single targets (unless you have Headless Horseman)

As soon as you hit level 50, hitch a ride to Celestia base camp to train Strong. Get the subsequent Sun school damage enchantments as soon as you can.

My basic questing decks are a couple enchanted Deer or Crow, three school blades, an amulet blade, and a pet blade. Most of the time it's just blade blade hit. Treasure card deck has a heal, reshuffle, pierce, cleanse.

For bosses, add or replace (depending on minions) a multi hit for a single target attack. Feint, death trap. Add prism(s) if there are death enemies. Add spirit blade if more damage is needed.

There are a few fights that require special setups, for cheats and whatnot, but that does it most of the time. If you have an ice or life enemy that may shield against you, poison and deer are handy.

I've never use a tower shield questing btw.

Survivor
Oct 27, 2018
These are all great tips for building a deck! Someone who used to play gave me the idea that I should have a large deck for proper setup, but for me it caused more problems since I would draw all my attacks or no traps, or I would get all traps and no attacks.

I went for Ice to get that Tower shield, and Life for the Satyr, realizing I really don't need a big heal unless im in a group.

So from what I've gathered:
-Keep the Deck small, only a couple blades, traps, and attacks
-Side Board with Strong/Monstrous TC & Deer Knight
-Train for Strong in Celestia at 50
-Get the Deer Knight, or TC's

(Also Kudos to the Loremaster for dropping the REINdeer Knight )