Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Once the main quest line is finished, lag occurs.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 08, 2012
Hi wiz boards,

Recently, some friends and I realized something extremely odd occurring inside of the game. After the main quest line for Empyrea is finished, the game becomes choppy. Perhaps a memory leak of sorts is occurring or cpu usage is rising, however on lower level characters with quest lines, there is no choppiness. This is in every area of the game, even at our houses.

Thanks for reading,

Jack

Administrator
kix the death wiza... on Nov 23, 2018 wrote:
Hi wiz boards,

Recently, some friends and I realized something extremely odd occurring inside of the game. After the main quest line for Empyrea is finished, the game becomes choppy. Perhaps a memory leak of sorts is occurring or cpu usage is rising, however on lower level characters with quest lines, there is no choppiness. This is in every area of the game, even at our houses.

Thanks for reading,

Jack
Hi! This certainly does sound like a technical issue. Is it always choppy even after restarting the game?

Survivor
Jul 14, 2013
This has been a problem for years, since around the Khrysalis part 2 update. The problem seems to occur when Quest Finder is active but the yellow arrow is not. If there is no yellow arrow (i.e. no main quests, you're in a house, etc.), it will freeze every second or so. A temporary fix is to turn off Quest Finder (not Quest Helper, which is the yellow arrow). If you don't care about side quests, then you won't need it on anyway.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2012
Sparck on Nov 27, 2018 wrote:
Hi! This certainly does sound like a technical issue. Is it always choppy even after restarting the game?
Yes it is,

As the guy above stated I guess it's just been a problem for a long time.