Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 10 and haven’t picked a school yet. HELP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 06, 2018
im pretty sure by level 10 you’re supposed to be placed into a school and I haven’t yet. Am I missing something? I read somewhere that when you create your character you take a test and then you’re placed into a school but I never did. What am I missing? Is there anyone that can help me? Thanks!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
What spells do you know? it is absolutely impossible to play the game without being assigned to one of the seven main schools. You can choose to skip the test and just assign yourself to a school.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
At only level 10, you really don't have much to worry about when it comes on to choosing a second school.

I noticed you didn't mention what school you are as well..

Regardless though, it is now common knowledge that it is much better to choose spells from multiple areas of study that will complement your primary school well.

So, there's no need to train a second school all the way up to the last spell; that is actually beyond useless and is a complete waste of training points.

That said, general spells recommended for all schools of study are:

to Tower Shield
to Feint
to Satyr (Fire, Myth and Ice only) - All other schools get their own versions of healing.
for Elemental Blade only - Available from Niles, the Balance Tree in Krokotopia.
for suitable auras such as Fortify and School Based Auras.
for Damage Enchants only.

And that's about it.

Ensure you do Zeke's Quest to keep abreast of your training points since as you know, to gain the spells I listed above (depending on your school of choice of course) will cost about 25 or so training points.

Also, Zeke isn't the only one that issues quest rewarding training points, Ogden Peake in Celestia Base Camp, Celestia will be requiring your services as well - This is also where you'll get introduced to the two latter schools I placed on the list above.

Good Luck

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
smf0521 on Oct 15, 2018 wrote:
im pretty sure by level 10 you’re supposed to be placed into a school and I haven’t yet. Am I missing something? I read somewhere that when you create your character you take a test and then you’re placed into a school but I never did. What am I missing? Is there anyone that can help me? Thanks!
What spells are you using? They will have a symbol on them to indicate the school of your wizard.

Life
Death
Fire
Ice
Storm
Myth
Balance

You choose your school before you can even enter the game. It's a major part of who you are and you will be sent to the professor of that school when you're learning new spells

Don't worry if you made your wizard in a rush and would like to be a different school. Your account can hold up to SIX wizards so you can make other wizards if you want to

I hope this helps! Happy questing, may you have many adventures in the Spiral!

Explorer
Feb 19, 2010
At level One, when you started, you where placed in a school. Open your book and you will see the symbol next to your name. I am sure you have been send to your teacher to get spells. If you can not figure that out, then ask a friend what school you are, they will be able to tell you.

Delver
May 29, 2009
If you didn't take the test at the beginning of the game to be determined what class you should play, then you must have chosen your school yourself. Click on C to open your character screen and you should see a school symbol next to your name.

- Sorcerer/Balance School

- Thaumaturge/Ice School

- Necromancer/Death School

- Pyromancer/Fire School

- Conjurer/Myth School

- Theurgist/Life School

- Diviner/Storm School

You should also have corresponding spells in your deck plus have been called to a school by a teacher to send you on a quest to earn another spell around Level 8. I promise you that you have been placed in a class at Ravenwood

~SM~

Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
Im a max level Balance and i love it! Won't of picked any other school.

Survivor
Nov 20, 2012
Depends on what your primary school is.