Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to walk from the Commons to Unicorn Way

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
1) Port to the commons or enter Commons from Ravenwood.

2) Press your up arrow button to go forward. Jerk forward a couple of steps.

3) Press left arrow button. Rotate a random number of degrees counterclockwise.

4) Try to steer your way to Unicorn way, bumping into walls, falling in the water, etc.

5) Switch to realm Greyrose, then walk cross the commons easily.

But seriously, wouldn't it be easier if the game put me into an uncrowded realm rather than the most crowded one every time?

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
I'm confused by this post. Can't you just walk across the bridge? I don't get what you're trying to say. And if you're not happy about the realm you end up in get into your spellbook, pick one you like, then tell the book to always put you in that one. You don't have to leave it random.

Explorer
Dec 08, 2010
I feel this so much. I run this game on a really old Mac, so I get this kind of lag all the time. Especially in the Commons.

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
Umm you do realize you can walk thru people right? Also if it’s too laggy for your computer just switch realms.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
Liam Swiftwalker on Sep 29, 2018 wrote:
1) Port to the commons or enter Commons from Ravenwood.

2) Press your up arrow button to go forward. Jerk forward a couple of steps.

3) Press left arrow button. Rotate a random number of degrees counterclockwise.

4) Try to steer your way to Unicorn way, bumping into walls, falling in the water, etc.

5) Switch to realm Greyrose, then walk cross the commons easily.

But seriously, wouldn't it be easier if the game put me into an uncrowded realm rather than the most crowded one every time?
I found this funny for whatever reason, good post.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2012
Ok, I can't think of any witty reply that might not be taken the wrong way for an opening line.

One way to help avoid the lag is go into your options, to the icon at the top that is marked gameplay options 3. Open that tab and at the bottom of the list you will find the line "Remember Realm". Toggle that to yes and hit the OK button at the bottom to save the setting.

This works to keep you in the same realm most of the time. If you do things like castle tours or join a team you will land in whatever realm the other player(s) are set to. Which can be positively painful if you land in front of the join a team kiosk in Old Town on Ambrose at a busy time of day.