Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

the wooden chest housing item update idea

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 12, 2016
It's always more than okay to have more gold than you know what to do with, but sometimes I wish I could share it with other wizards who are nice enough to help me do things; for this reason, I think the wooden chest housing item could use an update that gives me the ability of sharing gold with players who earned it by being as helpful to me as they sometimes are, and as it is, people already request getting gifted stuff; please don't think of this as requesting the ability to bribe or do player to player item trading; there's at least a small difference between one of those two things and giving a gift as a way to express my gratitude, I feel like players should be able to do that without always having to spend crowns, because it costs good money to get crowns, making people happy whenever you can is a great and easy way to make friends, and wizard 101 is the king of things that are fun, and a wonderfully awesome game that deserves to have maybe even more players that it does as it is, I love wizard101 that much. kingsisle doesn't have to do this update if they don't want to, but I'd love it.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
social sorcery boy on Sep 11, 2018 wrote:
It's always more than okay to have more gold than you know what to do with, but sometimes I wish I could share it with other wizards who are nice enough to help me do things; for this reason, I think the wooden chest housing item could use an update that gives me the ability of sharing gold with players who earned it by being as helpful to me as they sometimes are, and as it is, people already request getting gifted stuff; please don't think of this as requesting the ability to bribe or do player to player item trading; there's at least a small difference between one of those two things and giving a gift as a way to express my gratitude, I feel like players should be able to do that without always having to spend crowns, because it costs good money to get crowns, making people happy whenever you can is a great and easy way to make friends, and wizard 101 is the king of things that are fun, and a wonderfully awesome game that deserves to have maybe even more players that it does as it is, I love wizard101 that much. kingsisle doesn't have to do this update if they don't want to, but I'd love it.
When I have excessive gold I buy TC with a high sell value and use it to help others eg getting their first mount or house or being able to hatch etc.

One of my fun side-activities is 'noob trolling'. I dress like a level 1 wizard and go to Krok or Grizzleheim. I look for new wizards questing without a permanent mount then I ask them if they can help me please. When they ask what I need help with I confess I don't really need help and wanted to see if they'd stop to help a fellow wizard. Then I tell them how to get a perm mount for gold...and gift them 90K worth of TC. They sell it at the bazaar, choose whatever mount they like most, jump about really happy and then go on their merry questing way determined to reach the high levels where they will be able to pay-it-forward to someone new

I love it, it's so much fun and really makes new wizards happy. It could be one of their earliest interactions with the community in the Spiral and might even positively influence how they are with other wizards along their journey too.

Explorer
Jul 12, 2016
I'm desperately hoping for this update to happen at some point. people really do deserve to be rewarded for what they sometimes do for me. I personally help others because it's the right thing to do, but there are also people who think it needs to be worth their while; sometimes I ask people for help, and they sometimes say "what's in it for me?", and I want to be able have an answer. making people happy is a great way to make friends (everyone knows that). I want this update to happen so the next time someone does something nice for me, I can take them to one of my castles, and place a teleporter infront of them that takes them to a secondary castle that I have that I'm gonna fill with wooden chests that I'm gonna add at least 1,000 gold to each, and tell them "you have eared a visit to the cabin of kind action, you did a great thing for another wizard, headmaster Ambrose would be proud of you".

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
social sorcery boy on Oct 4, 2018 wrote:
I'm desperately hoping for this update to happen at some point. people really do deserve to be rewarded for what they sometimes do for me. I personally help others because it's the right thing to do, but there are also people who think it needs to be worth their while; sometimes I ask people for help, and they sometimes say "what's in it for me?", and I want to be able have an answer. making people happy is a great way to make friends (everyone knows that). I want this update to happen so the next time someone does something nice for me, I can take them to one of my castles, and place a teleporter infront of them that takes them to a secondary castle that I have that I'm gonna fill with wooden chests that I'm gonna add at least 1,000 gold to each, and tell them "you have eared a visit to the cabin of kind action, you did a great thing for another wizard, headmaster Ambrose would be proud of you".
I'd love for us to have the ability to add prizes to things within our home for visiting friends

It wouldn't change the people who ask for gifting - for hatches, help with battles etc - but I think the kiosks (team up and hatching kiosks) have done marvels in reducing that.

Some players will love giving while others will want to be compensated for every little thing. It's human nature and won't ever change to be just one or the other. I enjoy that KI have made it so easy for us to become affluent in game, it makes sharing so much easier and gives us the joy of being able to help others without an excessive negative impact on our resources. I also really like how many people on here, including you social sorcery boy, embrace the joy of giving and sharing! W101 has a lovely community; I consider it a privilege to be part of it!

Explorer
Jul 12, 2016
Don't think of this as bribing; but also let kingsisle know that if they can do this update for me, it will make me so happy that to say thankyou, I'll either make a donation to them, or I'll make a maximum-level purchase of crowns even if I don't need any at the time (unless they find both of those things unnecessary).

I just want this update to happen so I can show people how much I appreciate what they sometimes do for me (not just tell them).

As it is, I have a big list of reasons to love wizard101, and this will add yet another thing to it which is, and will always be a good thing (at least in my opinion), It might not make a big change to the way players ask each other to gift them things as it is, but it seems to be worth a try because of the way I think players should be able to give each other thankyou presents without always having to spend crowns.

and if the addition to the game that the update will do causes a ton of problems or just a big one, I'll be completely okay with it being taken back. I just think it's worth a shot. because kingsisle is a wonderful company that has a great history of giving me reasons to always be happy

I'm not demanding for this update to happen, it will just make me as happy as happy possibly gets if it does.