Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ecto Slime Skate

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 20, 2014
Thanks for the free energy fishing. I've spent all this afternoon fishing in Baobab Crown for the Ecto Slime Skate and no luck. It's just not there. I was in the Ivan realm and later changed to the Kraken realm and still not there. I caught and sold pages of Treants. I am a fish whisperer level 11. I had no problem catching the duckbill eel in the market which is also an epic fish. The Rhino also didn't show up at the Baobab Crown or Baobab Crossroads. I did have 3 storm show up in 3 hours and all 3 got away. I did catch the beautiful Lion fish there. I will keep trying and also switch to my other account and try fishing with those wizards and see if they have better luck.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
LuckyLarry740 on Aug 4, 2018 wrote:
Thanks for the free energy fishing. I've spent all this afternoon fishing in Baobab Crown for the Ecto Slime Skate and no luck. It's just not there. I was in the Ivan realm and later changed to the Kraken realm and still not there. I caught and sold pages of Treants. I am a fish whisperer level 11. I had no problem catching the duckbill eel in the market which is also an epic fish. The Rhino also didn't show up at the Baobab Crown or Baobab Crossroads. I did have 3 storm show up in 3 hours and all 3 got away. I did catch the beautiful Lion fish there. I will keep trying and also switch to my other account and try fishing with those wizards and see if they have better luck.
Go to Baobab Crown and cast Reveal Fish School - if there is a storm fish that is your Rhino fish. He's rank 1 storm.

If there isn't a Rhino to catch then winnow life fish. That leaves you with just treants and possibly the ecto slime skate. You do not need to catch the treants! Just LOOK at the fishes! The Ecto Slime Skate is a complete show off and he will do everything to get your attention - he swims like he's crazy, you can't miss him!

If there are no crazy life fish reset the pond and repeat!

Good luck and happy fishing!

Explorer
Dec 20, 2014
Thank you Victoria. I had been using reveal to see if any storm show up and then winnow life and catching all the life fish. Thanks for the tip that it's a show off. I will go back to Baobab Crown and try again with your tip to look for the show off.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2014
Still no luck getting the Ecto Slime Skate or the Rhino. The lines snap except of course on the treants. Very frustrating!! I've been string at that kaliedescope water so long I have a headache.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
LuckyLarry740 on Sep 11, 2018 wrote:
Still no luck getting the Ecto Slime Skate or the Rhino. The lines snap except of course on the treants. Very frustrating!! I've been string at that kaliedescope water so long I have a headache.
Sorry to hear that, it's really frustrating when the line breaks! It did it to me a bunch of times when I was trying to get the epic Minnowtaur in Aquila! I began wondering if I was doing something wrong or if there was a special way to catch him that I didn't know about...then I got him...and got him on all wizards without another line breaking. I think it was just a stint of bad luck that made me wonder if I was trying to get a cursed fish lol. It's worse when it's an epic because it's not even always there so getting away is a big set back and a lot of energy.

Keep going, you will get there and the fishes are not cursed even if they seem to be! Huge huge luck!