Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gear trading!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 30, 2011
KI, other players, this is a topic you should read, due to the fact, this indeed should happen. I know there are lots of exploits and abuse that may come with it, but there are many things you can do to improve the "Trade items" feature. For instance, if you bring friends to darkmoor and you need the gear and they just help you farm and give it to you, of course, you could trade the gear, but there becomes a cooldown for the trade/and darkmoor item drops become less frequent as you farm it (for a 24 hour period then it resets). KI, me, and im sure many other players in the spiral would love to have this feature. I want a Moderator to reply to this thread telling me why this feature can or cannot be added. I am not asking for leaks or what could be added in the future. I just want to know why this can and connot be added. Always keep in mind there is indeed a way to avoid exploits and bugs.

-Richard DreamSword

Survivor
May 30, 2011
Also I forgot to add, Pvp gear and "No trade" gear cannot be traded. This also allows players to open their own shops and stuff and sell items to people for gold and crowns. This will bring the community together, as a whole, forcing you to go and trade with other players if your lazy, or buy crowns just to trade expensive/valuable gear with players. You should be able to have your own gear store in your house too, that would be really awesome but we could just start small.

Richard DreamSword

Survivor
May 30, 2011
yea i always wanted to trade gear in the spiral.

hope a mod sees this

Ryan Sword

Survivor
Apr 01, 2011
Yes! Also KI please make it so we can trade Gems for those of us who use them quite frequently, like myself.
Sincerely,
Marissa Song

Survivor
May 30, 2011
Thanks both of you for the support! Although this will prob not be added unless we get lots more supporters

-Richard DreamSword

Explorer
Jul 21, 2013
Although I love this idea, it's not fair because someone could trade their good items for garbage and KI wants you to work for what you want to get.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2016
I like the idea, I really do, but I don't think it should be added. It would be far too easy for lesser players to get great gear from better players. However, if KI decides to add it, then I suggest better gear costing crowns and only being available to be bought/sold by members. Otherwise, everyone would easily gain all the good gear, defeating the purpose of the game.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
ruigi64 on Jul 31, 2018 wrote:
Also I forgot to add, Pvp gear and "No trade" gear cannot be traded. This also allows players to open their own shops and stuff and sell items to people for gold and crowns. This will bring the community together, as a whole, forcing you to go and trade with other players if your lazy, or buy crowns just to trade expensive/valuable gear with players. You should be able to have your own gear store in your house too, that would be really awesome but we could just start small.

Richard DreamSword
I think you just answered your own question as to why it will never be introduced to this children's game! In other games we see people trading items for real money but they are all over 18's. As soon as we're talking about children it puts them at huge risk where the least important risk is getting ripped off! It would massively encourage out of game contact and sharing of personal information.

I've said before about how awful it would be for children to be able to be scammed out of their good items. As it stands they can only lose treasure cards to someone exploitative and we've all heard of this happening, most of us have replenished someone's TC for them after they fell victim to it.

I'd only ever thought about the in-game implications and how awful it would be for children to lose their good items but the bigger picture is far worse.

I'm glad KI recognised the risks and made decisions that keep children safe not just in their game but out of the game too.

Administrator
We have answered this question in the past. Our answer has not changed.

The trade of items other than non-enchanted Treasure Cards will not be a part of Wizard101.