Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Price for Mander Extraction needs to be reduced

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 28, 2009
When a new wizard arrives in Krokotopia and is progressing in Monstrology, there really is a very slim chance that they will have 100,000 gold to train the Mander spell with. Extract Gobbler only costs 10,000, which is much more affordable.

I think that Extract Mander needs to be priced more in line with the game economy - perhaps 20,000 or 50,000 gold? I have an account where the highest level wizard is Level 17 and he has been doing gardening and fishing, and his current gold balance is 53,783, so he could afford to buy the spell at either of those prices.

The next highest wizard is Level 15 and he currently has 37,981 and is just arriving in Krokotopia. 20,000 gold would be a perfect price based on that observation.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I wholeheartedly agree! Monstrology is fun, but that is quite the hefty price tag. I went on my Max level wizard and I only had 47k and was just kind of like- wow that's a large chunk of change. As a max level, I can get the gold relatively easily, but a younger wizard- I think it would be nigh impossible or at the very least improbable.... I'm beginning to wonder if Monstrologist Burke is trying to scam the new wizards in Krokotopia!

Survivor
Jun 28, 2010
Well while going through the game, you cannot expect to be able to buy everything. Later you will hit people that sell spells or expensive recipes. It's a matter of remembering to come back. My level 52 myth guy got enough money for the red barn house (125,000 gold) within 2 days. Mostly because the gear gets better so its more expensive. Just hang in there and you'll get that extract

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
It is possible to earn $100K gold within just a week or two with intensive gardening. Yes, even with a low level wizard who is only just getting into Krokotopia.

Buy sour fickle pickles from the Bazaar (they cost a lot of gold to start with, but self seed, and are a steady stream of mid-ranked pet snacks and treasure cards that you can sell for gold). If you can get into Grizzleheim (level 20 or later), farm for Couch Potatoes. A garden of about 10-14 of them is relatively easy to care for and will yield a stunning amount of gold.

However, all that said, I agree that $100K for Manders is too high. It should be more in line with gobblers.

Alia Misthaven

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
As a point of fact, I'm in early Mirage, and even I can't afford it. Granted, I'm a pretty big margin of error, but still...