Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Worth Questing in Empyrea?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 06, 2011
Hello fellow Wizards,

Today I finally beat Grandfather Spider in Mirage on my Life wizard and was excited to move on to Empyrea.
However, the battle with Spider gave me just enough exp to hit level 125.
Therefore, I am now sitting at the current max level without even stepping foot in Empyrea.
I came here to ask if the exp payout is any good in Empyrea. I figure if the exp payout is weaker, I won’t be missing out on much exp. However, if the exp is good, It would be helpful to know so I can shift my attention to helping teams and friends on my life or questing on other characters.

tl; dr: Would you say it’s worth it to complete the Empyrea questline if I’m already Max level or should I wait until Part 2 comes out and Kingsisle raises the level cap?

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Frostzilla 38 on Jul 6, 2018 wrote:
Hello fellow Wizards,

Today I finally beat Grandfather Spider in Mirage on my Life wizard and was excited to move on to Empyrea.
Therefore, I am now sitting at the current max level without even stepping foot in Empyrea.
I came here to ask if the exp payout is any good in Empyrea. I figure if the exp payout is weaker, I won’t be missing out on much exp. However, if the exp is good, It would be helpful to know so I can shift my attention to helping teams and friends on my life or questing on other characters.

tl; dr: Would you say it’s worth it to complete the Empyrea questline if I’m already Max level or should I wait until Part 2 comes out and Kingsisle raises the level cap?
Of course you should. This story of the game is as important as leveling and Empyrea is a fun world right now. The first part is actually quite long even though it's only one half. You are at level 125 which is a great level for questing in Empyrea and will be the perfect starter level for Empyrea part 2.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
Kingsisle has done a great job a providing enough XP for the main questline alone to get you to max level. Empyrea part one has just a bit more XP than you would need to get from 120 to 125, and part two should give enough for level 125 wizards to reach 130. You don't have to worry at all about overflowing amounts of XP.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Frostzilla 38 on Jul 6, 2018 wrote:
Hello fellow Wizards,

If I were in the situation you describe I would definitely continue questing!

KI always make sure that new content includes enough XP from the main quests to achieve the new max level even if players have completed every single quest prior to the new content. We don't need to worry about running out of XP when new content is released

People guess your quest location based on your level. I'd be gutted having to turn down an invitation to farm or do a battle/dungeon I am level appropriate enough to do, but can not access because I haven't quested there yet.

I'd also be gutted when new content is released and I'd be in position of basically having to 'catch up' to enjoy the new quest material...and again, having to turn down anyone inviting me to join them.

Currently we'd also be unable to access the best gear for our wizard because some of it will be farmed from Empyrea so I'd want my wizard to make the most of this time to get some nice drops if she could

I'd be kicking myself if a daily assignment sent me somewhere I couldn't go to yet too!

For me, there would be lots of reasons to keep questing and no compelling reason to stop. Of course it is up to you how you choose to play but there is a lot of fun content in Empyrea to enjoy

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
I only did mains in Empyrea on my balance with the assistance of my max storm and death. Balance leveled to 124 on the final fights in the world. So I have to go back and do side quests to get to 125.