Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How can i level up faster?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 04, 2015
Hello Wizards and Witches! I just got membership for the first time and know im in Marleybone finding some sorts of thief, i don't know. That is not my point. I just want to ask if there is a guide I can follow through my journey which can help me. Thanks in advance!

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
If you find yourself truly stuck -- always resort to Wizard101 Central. They can guide you through your quests when you are confused. All you need to do is look up the name of the quest you're on. As for leveling quickly, I recommend doing side quests and housing dungeons. Housing dungeons will provide you with a decent amount of XP, especially at a lower level.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2015
To level up faster, you need to just stick to the story line or do side quests or dungeons for a few hours.
Jennifer pixiewhisper exalted level 103

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
The fastest way to level is to follow the main quests (shown in your quest log with stars). Lots of people do this, but you will miss a lot of fun side quests this way, which on a first wizard can be a lot of fun.

Make sure to check what side quests are 'important' if you predominantly stick to mains. There are spell quests, training point quests, pet quests etc that you might find really beneficial for your wizard

Good luck and happy questing!

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
The best advice I can offer for leveling up faster is to do ALL the quest your given. My Wizard has consistently been about five level ahead of the suggested range. I am currently just starting the final area of the first half of Khrysalis and am level 101 The suggested range for Khrysalis is levels 90-100.

I have completed every quest up to this point. (side quests, crafting quests, fishing quests, pet quests)

Steven Ghoststalker

Defender
Mar 24, 2009
I'm not sure if there is a guide out there, but one thing I can definitely recommend is side quests. Even though it takes a little longer to complete different worlds, I don't let myself move onto a new one without completing all of the quests for the previous one. Additionally, doing dungeons over again often give more experience than before - it's a great excuse to use the Team Up feature to your advantage. You can help another player and benefit from it in the long run.

Explorer
Oct 04, 2012
Questing is the only way to level faster. Keep questing till your tired keep questing big till your eyes give up but overall questing is the way to go. In 3-4 weeks I got my level 63 storm wizard to level 100 by grinding a lot everyday. I quest for maybe at least 2 hours and I got to progress. Also many times I quest with random people for like an hour and I leveled up quick. Also I did some side questing along the way to level up.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I think I somehow missed that you were asking for a guide to follow!

If you do an online search of the world plus 'quest tree' (eg search: W101 Marleybone Quest Tree) you will likely find a guide showing the main quests, side quests, locations etc and you'll be able to estimate how far through the world you are etc. Before main quests were starred in our books I was permanently confused and used these a lot to work out what I was doing lol

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
"I just want to ask if there is a guide I can follow through my journey which can help me."

A guide you can follow to help you find your main quests and keep track of your progress? A guide that warns you when there's a bunch of "defeat and collect" quests or a cheating boss coming up?

This is what I use:

From Wizard City all the way through Dragonspyre
http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/quest-guides/main-quest-line-in-all-the-worlds-of-the-spiral/

From Celestia all the way through Avalon
http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/quest-guides/wizard101-main-quest-line-part-2/

From Azteca all the way through Polaris
http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/quest-guides/wizard101-main-quest-line-part-3/

Those will get you to level 100 or so. I have them bookmarked in a browser and often have them open when I'm questing in the higher worlds.

Special thanks to Misthead on Duelist101 for doing the grueling work of putting those guides together! As a general rule, the Duelist101 site is oriented towards PVP, but there is a lot of useful information on that site that any wizard can use. Gear guides, pet training, battle strategy, etc.

Good luck and happy questing!

Alia Misthaven