Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Directed to the professors,Any one else too

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 16, 2012
This is mainly directed to any KI workers but any one can respond.

KI, can you please give me one reasonable answer to why you won’t but a gender change option. When I started the game my person was a girl and still is but I didn’t know you could make new characters on it until I was lever 30 or something. I thought NEW button was to make a new account and that delete was to delete the account. Can you please give just ONE reasonable answer to why you won’t do this. Plz.

It could be like 500-800 crowns or 100,000 gold. It lets you change your name and converts all your clothes to the male or female version. Plz respond. Thx for considering this KI.

Lvl 80

Explorer
Feb 19, 2010
I will agree with you. I want to change my myth wizard last name. I don't care If I lose all my friends on that wizard. Its just a name.
What is the Problem with changing a gender or a name?

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
I see this option a lot in other MMOs like AQWorlds. I would see why you would want the option, but it honestly would be something very difficult. Just like changing to classic mode for the new graphics your character will have to change the looks of the gear it wears, along with the cosmetics of the character itself. Its not a highly demanded feature, plus if you really wanted to be the other gender you could: a) delete your character and remake it, or b) make another character of your desired gender. While it is a great idea, I don't see it happening in the future, but you never know.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
First- I would like to echo the many other people who request to change the name. I think that this feature and the 7th Wizard are still very much desired and wanted. Thank you for the appearance changing- even though it took ten years and I would have preferred these other two first, but that may just be me haha. As far as changing gender of a character- no. I doubt that will happen. This is not a highly requested feature like some other things so I don't feel that it would be a proper use of current resources. Let's also keep in mind that this has a work around that the original poster points out- make another character. There is nothing preventing you from doing this (unlike the limit of having 6/6 character slots does). Again, I just don't think that this is the most important feature to have a gender change option. I also think that this is not a very common problem. Most kids will just pick the one that they want and move on. The people that want to try playing as a different gender can just make a second character. I have some male characters in addition to my female characters. I also don't think that the politicalness is really wanted in a video game that adding that feature would probably introduce in today's day and age. Most people play games to escape real life and it's problems not repeat them. As far as the boy vs girl clothes- again make a second character or craft the mannequins. I would much rather see the name change and 7th character slot than a gender option.