Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lowering the pricing of each zone

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 31, 2014
seriously. It costs 150$+ to buy all the areas of the game... like not even rainbow six siege costs that much. Considering that the player base is based mainly around 14 years olds. The pricing shouldn’t be this high. Since the start of the game the pricing hasn’t lowered which continues to annoy me. Something needs to be done about this...
Im sure not everyone can afford to enjoy a game like this. Also doing the free crowns videos and quizes is pointless... you get 10 crowns per video and quiz which limits you to 100 crowns per day. This is pointless. Please do something about it.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
Ashkingz on Jun 27, 2018 wrote:
seriously. It costs 150$+ to buy all the areas of the game... like not even rainbow six siege costs that much. Considering that the player base is based mainly around 14 years olds. The pricing shouldn’t be this high. Since the start of the game the pricing hasn’t lowered which continues to annoy me. Something needs to be done about this...
Im sure not everyone can afford to enjoy a game like this. Also doing the free crowns videos and quizes is pointless... you get 10 crowns per video and quiz which limits you to 100 crowns per day. This is pointless. Please do something about it.
as of a reddit post... it's $200 USD to buy everything up to polaris..... it's $60 USD to buy year membership... after 4 years, i would had spent $220 USD... and still having to buy more... that's if i'm even still playing, and still playing every single day i have the 4 year membership... if i dont spend all 24/7/365 playing, i would be wasting money... buying the area's are expensive, yes.. but they are mine till the game ends

buying a car is always more expensive then renting it... that's what membership is, renting

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Ashkingz on Jun 27, 2018 wrote:
I think KI have done an excellent job with giving such varied payment options to enable a diverse number of people to access the fun of the Spiral.

People buying the game by area tend not to buy it all at once but have guaranteed access to the areas whenever they want. It's perhaps less attractive an option now the game is so big and they have so many attractive member benefits but those starting the game 10 years ago who chose this payment method got to spread their payments as new worlds came out while having full access in between. They've save a significant amount of money over the last 10 years and will still have made a saving if they change to membership now.

Buying for crowns is still a good option for those who quest more slowly and want to fully enjoy each area on their wizards before moving to the next.

There are a lot of young players without access to money for W101. The free crowns options are amazing for them. They may never own the entire game but they get a lot more than without that option. Lots of players use the free crowns options for a few extra crowns to stitch or buy a few packs here and there too. They don't think they are pointless at all. I'm glad KI has made this available.

Buying membership monthly is about $10 and can be cancelled any time. That's good for people who only play at certain times of the year. Yearly membership brings the cost down to $5 a month. What else can you do for so little without limit?

I think W101 is possibly the cheapest MMO available. KI need to make money or the company will be unable to maintain itself, much less continue to grow. The amount of money is really not a lot when it's put into perspective.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
KI has to get the money from somewhere to keep the Membership cost down and affordable. That's why the price of crown items and Zone are expensive. There are Zones that are buy one get one in higher worlds. I think KI is very reasonable in price wise and generous by having "Earn Free Crowns" games, "videos" and "Daily assignments" to help with the costs. Now they have a Zone discount every month.