Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pack and Lore Spells

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 18, 2016
Hello everybody! This is actually my first post on the Wizard101 page (I'm from the sister game, Pirate101 so I'm trying to navigate through these boards). As we all know, packs have a chance to drop spells I've managed to get a lot on my level 20 storm wizard so far. I have all 3 Immortal's Lore spells (wanted Queen Calypso but got her last. Got Hephaestus, Athena Battle Sight, Queen Calypso), Ninja Piglets, and Deer Knight so far. That darn Catalan spell doesn't seem to drop for my storm, just Deer Knight! So my question for you guys is this. What's your favorite pack/lore spell? Loremaster spell is also included btw, even though Loremaster is not a pack spell. I'm looking forward to see what you guys' favorite pack and lore spells are! My favorite would be Queen Calypso , Catalan , and Keeper of the Flame . Hoping to get that elusive Catalan spell sometime in the future! Knight's Lore pack doesn't seem to like me very much and only gave me Deer Knight so far on my Storm over Catalan .

Sincerely,
Blaze StormSword (Level 20 Diviner)

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
Mine would be Pigsie, it heals a lot while not requiring many pips. I got in on my life wizard in mooshu and it is amazingly useful.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
jwheaton9634 on Jun 27, 2018 wrote:
Mine would be Pigsie, it heals a lot while not requiring many pips. I got in on my life wizard in mooshu and it is amazingly useful.
I'll second this! Pigsie is OP!

I really like a lot of the Lore/drop spells and enjoy using them. The other one I'd say is particularly useful was Deer Knight...my death wiz saves sooo much time having that and it is an awesome spell. My death wiz has been so much more fun since she got it and I'm so happy she got it low level. I'd have crafted it otherwise but the levels between getting it and being able to craft have been more enjoyable for having it.

I don't PvP much so my perspective is mainly related to use in PvE.

PS Well done on getting so many spells! You may already know, but they drop in game too and can be crafted. Drops are rare and crafting is level locked but they're options you might be interested in. I crafted Catalan and Queen Calypso on my storm...I've crafted a lot of spells and it's the easiest way (imo) once you're able to

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Where in Mooshu?

I was only aware of Loremaster dropping Pigsie

Steven Ghoststalker

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
my favorites would be hephaestus for the fire bubble put up after, pigsie for healing (currently trying to make it i have the 25 amber just 1/10 pigsie cards), deer knight and ice deer knight.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
My favorites and most used Lore spells:

Deer Knight - crafted it on my Death, can't live without it now
Athena Battlesight - extremely lucky drop on my Myth!
Hephaestus & Brimstone Revenant - crafted them on my Fire, use them often
Loremaster - crafted it on my Balance (Alia) and use it often
Savage Paw - lucky drop on an Ice wizard who also has the Samurai spell and Balance mastery. She's working on crafting Loremaster now.

Alia also has Pigsie and the Reindeer Knight (insane luck!) and it's sort of tragic because she doesn't have much use for either one. I wish I could transfer these spells, since it's impossible to craft either one. (Pigsie treasure cards are almost mythical - do then even exist?!)

Alia Misthaven

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
Freshta on Sep 9, 2018 wrote:

Savage Paw - lucky drop on an Ice wizard who also has the Samurai spell and Balance mastery. She's working on crafting Loremaster now.

Alia also has Pigsie and the Reindeer Knight (insane luck!) and it's sort of tragic because she doesn't have much use for either one. I wish I could transfer these spells, since it's impossible to craft either one. (Pigsie treasure cards are almost mythical - do then even exist?!)

Alia Misthaven
heh they do exist but people are hoarding them and trading for like nearly 100 empower cards for just one pigsie tc its ridiculous how the community is hoarding them and trading them like that but what can you do right?

Survivor
Dec 23, 2016
I second the question. You say you got the actual spell in Mooshu? If so, where or who dropped it? Thank you.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2016
May I ask where you got the spell in Mooshu? Was it off a boss, if so, which one? Thank you.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2016
Freshta on Sep 9, 2018 wrote:

Alia Misthaven
I am a little surprised that people are still posting on a thread that I made when I was level 20. Now I am level 92 as I am writing this post and my collection of Lore Spells has grown ten fold. Here are all my Lore spells, all of them on my storm, as well as how I managed to get them.

1. Angry Snowpig- Loremaster drop during Christmas in July 2018 event
2. Reindeer Knight- Loremaster drop during Christmas in July 2018 event
3. Pigsie- I got Pigsie from the Wysteria Lore Pack (I got it third pack during a pack sale, was really hyped)
4. Luminous Weaver- Loremaster drop from months ago (I forgot I even have this spell)
5. Krampus- Loremaster drop during Christmas in July 2018 event
6. Hephaestus- Immortal's Lore Pack drop
7. Athena Battle Sight- Immortal's Lore Pack drop
8. Ninja Pigs- This spell I got first try from Koto immediately after defeating him for my quest. What luck!
9. Headless Horseman- Gloomthorn Nightmare Pack. I wanted the Jack O'Lantern pet, but got the permanent spell.
10. Deer Knight- Knight's Lore Pack while farming for Catalan.
11. Queen Calypso- Immortal's Lore Pack
12. Catalan- Knight's Lore Pack
13. Catch of the Day- 5 days of farming Takanobu the Masterless nonstop until it finally dropped. Lots of Wooden Skeleton Keys were harmed in the process.
14. Ninja Piglets- Wysteria Lore pack while farming for Pigsie.
15. Loremaster- This spell, Loremaster, was dropped to me by Loremaster herself while I was farming her for some Rebirth, Satyr, and Regenerate treasure cards.
15.5 Goat Monk- I don't have Goat Monk trained yet, but I have everything to craft it. I'm saving the reagents till I level my life wizard to Legendary artisan, but when I get there, I'll have goat monk ready 100%.

That just about wraps it up for the lore spells that I have and I wish everyone the best of luck getting their desired spells!

Sincerely,
Blaze StormSword (Level 92 Diviner, Lore Spell and Promethean Pet Enthusiast)

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
i've pretty much crafted my spells except for a few

Fire: Hephaestus, krampus and brimstone

Ice: winter moon and formori (ice deer knight was dropped)

Storm: only crafted catalan plan to make queen but man storm needs another crafted spell

Death: crafted deer knight (was my first spell i ever crafted and used it like crazy lol) lord of night too

Life: Weaver, goat monk and pigsie

Balance: crafted savage paw and got ninja piglets in 3 packs (never EVER had luck like that in my 10 years of playing lol)