Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Choosing The Power Of "X" Pip Spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 28, 2012
Why are we not able to change the power of an X pip spells. I imagine the original reason was because of technical problems when the game first came out. So KI choose to have the spells just eat up however many pips you had. But now with the new mirage spells being able to choose your targets, why couldn't a similar interface come up for x pip spells? Having spells like animate or tempest eat up all your pips is not always the best idea. Could these spells not be changed to give players more flexibility in their spells and strategies?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
DeepLurker99 on Jun 4, 2018 wrote:
Why are we not able to change the power of an X pip spells. I imagine the original reason was because of technical problems when the game first came out. So KI choose to have the spells just eat up however many pips you had. But now with the new mirage spells being able to choose your targets, why couldn't a similar interface come up for x pip spells? Having spells like animate or tempest eat up all your pips is not always the best idea. Could these spells not be changed to give players more flexibility in their spells and strategies?
I think it was a very deliberate choice to have X-pip spells work this way because it can be both a pro and a con to using the spell. It makes us have to strategise when is appropriate to use it and face the next round with only one pip available to us.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I don't equip the life X-spell for this reason.

Steven Ghoststalker

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I think that my first response is that I agree with Victoria in that it's part of the strategy and often times it makes it more of a challenge. I'd also add that most of the time, I think that it is appropriate that you'd want as powerful as you can get. I think it would be cool if the current X pip spells stay as is, but we new X pip or advanced feature spells are introduced. Perhaps like we have the choice 2 or 3 perks that the spell does or something-utilizing a similar interface to the select who to attack spells. Here are some examples that I think might be cool!

-Powerblade- 4 pips- A 40% balanceblade that can be split among allies- i.e.40% on one, or 10% on all four, or 20/20% split on two. Can be stacked hence the 4 pip cost.
-Rampart- 3-5 pips A -80% Tower/Legion Shield-similarly can be split to 4-20%, 2-40%, 1-80% depending on how allocated determines pip cost.
-Insane Pact- X pips, Rank 1-7 costs Adds a 20% per pip trap on self and target. Basically adds a 20%-140% Trap on yourself and your target.
-Machination- X+ 1 shadow pip. Choose Rank 1-7 costs 2 pips, but will extend existing DOT by that number of rounds equal to rank chosen. So for example say that they have choose a rank 4 it would cost 8 pips (4 powerpips)and would extend the current DOT (be that Fire-Elf or Hellhound or whatever) and make it do the original 3 ticks, but now and additional 4 ticks equating to a total of 7 ticks worth of damage. Huge potential to really add up.
-Echo- Can cast on Target or Self 6 pips. Has a 80% chance to cause an echo. (Basically have their next spell repeat for free.) If you cast on Target, the spell that they cast casts on you and then on themself. If you cast on you- could potentially double cast.
-Pirates & Pixies 6 pips- A golden pirate ship appears and fires cannons at the enemy. Does 660 Life damage to Target, but as it's leaving pixie floats down and will either heal friends for 65 or will do an extra 60 DOT to all enemies. You choose.
- Fizzle

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
making the Xpip spells more flexible wouldnt be a bad idea. Allow us to choose how powerful we want it. However, Death would NEED an xpip attack spell since it doesnt have one. Im curious to see if they'll make xpip spells (in the future) use Shadow pips, but boost their DPP.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
dayerider on Jun 6, 2018 wrote:
making the Xpip spells more flexible wouldnt be a bad idea. Allow us to choose how powerful we want it. However, Death would NEED an xpip attack spell since it doesnt have one. Im curious to see if they'll make xpip spells (in the future) use Shadow pips, but boost their DPP.
they have..... ice polaris spell... is a xpip -85 damage... exactly same as tempest

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
camahawk on Jun 6, 2018 wrote:
they have..... ice polaris spell... is a xpip -85 damage... exactly same as tempest
what I meant was an Xpip spell that does not REQUIRE shadow pips, but would gain a bonus for using them