Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pet drops

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 26, 2013
I am a level 42 storm wizard. I got a piggle when I started the game. As the game went on, I have been waiting for a pet drop from a big boss fight that I had to fight. I still have not gotten a drop of a pet yet. still waiting.
Has anyone ever have this happen to them? What is with this game if your not going to get a pet to help you in your fights or boost your stats. I know some of you will say you can buy them with crowns but they are pretty expensive.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
You will get a Fire Helephant pet when you reach level 48. Then another school pet will come along at level 58, but you have to do Wintertusk up to Nordriland in order to get the 58 pet. I think it was the Phoenix. You will get the Efreet pet at level 78.

There are also pets in various low level shops where you can buy pets for gold. For example, the Heckhound is sold in Krokotopia near the Krokosphinx. There are shops that sell beginner pets in Wizard City, Krokotopia (Krokosphinx Island), Marleybone (hidden near the Mayor in Digmoore Station), and Mooshu. Also a guy in Celestia sells some pretty decent pets.

As for boss pet drops, they tend to happen rarely. An Inferno Cat pet sometimes drops from the Throne Room instance in Krokotopia's Palace of Fire. And Rattlebones in Unicorn Way drops a Myth Sprite pet. Nightshade drops a Dark Sprite or a Blue Banshee. Smogger in Marleybone drops a Pixie.

Here's an old thread from Central that lists the older boss pet drops from lower worlds that you should already have access to.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?7111-Pet-drops-and-pet-stores

Keep in mind, at your level the best pets drop from hard dungeons (like Barkingham Palace) and the Skeleton Key bosses. To get a pet, you'll have to repeat the battle many times. Maybe even dozens ... perhaps up to hundreds of times. Pet drops are rare indeed.

Here's a list of all the dropped pets to help you find a boss to battle:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Dropped_Pets#axzz5BB3wA1RJ

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
Seems like poor luck, but you can take that piggle to the hatchery and mix it with someone else's pet. I would have thought you had some school pets by now too, from quests from your teacher. Did you skip those? The school pets tend to have some useful talents, and you could mix them with each other. As for pets from bosses, those drops are a rare thing, so unless you are farming the boss, going for more than one run against him, giving yourself a better chance, I can see this happening. You might want to go to the team up kiosk and help others fight some bosses. Some of those great pets you may have seen, would be the results of time and gold spent in the hatchery improving on the pets they started with.

Survivor
May 11, 2015

I know Lord Nightshade in Haunted Cave drops pets like crazy during the holiday season. I’ve gotten like 5 last year. Pretty cool but I wasn’t expecting any drops so it was a good surprise.

Madison FirePyre

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
I farmed the bosses in Tree of Life over 100 times before I got a pet drop, I wanted a Ghoul and a Deathbat. I'm currently farming the Grendyl bosses for a Lifebat and a Zombie. Over 70 runs and only a few Redcaps to show for it so far.

The bottom line is pet drops are rare, but they do drop if you are tenacious, dogged, mighty, and unshakeable in your pursuit of them...