Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is the best death gear for level 72?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 05, 2011
Hello, I am currently a level 72 wizard and I am currently looking for better death gear.

My current gear:
Hat: Fatal Cowl of Fables
Robe: Bone Chilling Tunic
Boots: Forbidden Foot Gear
Wand: Dragonbreath Bow
Athame: Dirk of Disorder
Amulet: Armiger's Bravura Necklace
Ring: Bannerman's Honorbound Ring
Pet: Adult Wetland Hunter
Deck: Dead Chieftain's Fanged Deck

So, if you're a necromancer, preferably at least legendary, give me some input on this gear, and maybe what I can do to improve it.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
What are the stats your current gear provides?

As it relates to available gear, you've a few options:

Waterworks: Possibly the most staple and all rounded of all gear you'll find at this level. It works well and gets the job done.

Zigzag - The Zigzag gear is also another level 60+ gear which is also very good! It may be a little harder to get than the above mentioned, but this set provides more critical than the above mentioned.

Wintertusk Gear - Available for crafting in Sudrilund, the wintertusk gear is a tier lower than the Waterworks. However, the gear provides cards, especially the hat (which provides a stackable deathblade card) has more critical in comparison to the hat of Waterworks.

Professor Hoards - While I don't usually recommend gear from this pack, it drops at a fairly easy rate. The shoes in particular is excellent as it gives a great boost to all stats compared to most within it's caliber. The hat provides a card (multi-feint) which can prove useful in mob battles.

Ghulture Hoard - The shoes dropped by this pack is also a fairly good substitute.

That's it for clothing gear, more to follow:

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
Hello there. I am actually a level 71 necromancer and this is the gear set I have right now:

Hat: Eclipse Cover
Robe: Hangman's Cape
Boots: Eclipse Boots
Wand: Crescent Axe of the Astrals
Athame: Long Night's Mandible
Amulet: Shango's Deathblade Amulet
Ring: Black Spinel of Battle
Deck: Dead Chieftain's Fanged Deck
Pet: Polar Bear Cub (It's a universal pet)

These are my stats right now:

Damage: 82% for death, 6% universal.
Resist: 51% for life, 42% for myth, 21% universal.
Accuracy: 0% (Because I don't have Waterworks gear)
Critical Rating: 74 for death, 44 universal. (Again, I don't have the full WW set)
Block: 100 for death, 70 universal.
Armor Pierce: 3% universal.
Stun Resistance: 0%
Power Pips: 79%
Inc./Out. Healing: 29% incoming

I actually had the Waterworks robe from the set from my old death wizard which I deleted a long time ago. I highly recommend you do the Waterworks dungeon so that you can get the full gear set. If you'd like to know where to get any of the gear items I mentioned above search for them on Wizard101 Central

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Now, your jewelry:

• Amulet - Now, I recommend using Shango's Amulet here, which provides a deathblade card. My current death doesn't use any masteries (as I don't see the need to unless you're Pvping).

• Athame and Ring - Now, couple options. I recommend you just use the stable level 56 ring and athame available from the bazaar (Black Spinel Ring of Battle). The athame is rarer though.

Now, you can also opted to use the crafted ring and athame available from Vestrilund's crafter in Wintertusk. They're fairly good too.

P.S - At level 76, I recommend upgrading and crafting the very good athame; Courtly Dirk available from available fro Avalon's recipe vendor Shane MacGobhann.
Wand: Couple options here; you can choose to go with the wand I used at your level, the Deathmental Skull which gives an increase in death and fire damage. Ignore the others as this one would prove the most beneficial to you.

Or
  • You can use the wand dropped by the Keeper Lore's Pack which increase all spiritual damage stats.
  • You can also use Headmaster's Staff which increases death damage dropped from the Professor Hoard Pack.

• Pet - Very important. I usually use any pet that provides a useful charm or ward. Consider investing in the far multitude that are available. As a caution, you can wait until the very excellent Hatching Kroisk makes it way over to live realm. You can choose from the large array of pets available to hatch there. Also consider investing in a pet providing more of the offensive talents (critical, damage).

• Deck - Not too important at this level. Questing in Avalon should drop a few no auction ones that you should be able to use.

All the best!

&

Good Luck!

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Waterworks robe and boots. Either the Waterworks hat, or the crafted level 56 from Wintertusk. Lexicon Blade (from Tower of the Helephant) Black Spinel of battle All Souls Cranium wand (pack) Your choice of deck with triangle socket. Add accuracy jewel.

YMMV, but that's my setup for questing level 60-100, with accessory upgrades as available.

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
How fast are you leveling up? Most people will tell you to farm for Waterworks gear, but to be honest, I leveled quickly enough that it wasn't worth the time and effort to get the gear. I soloed nearly everything with the Wintertusk crafted gear you find in Sudrilund until I was high enough for the Avalon crafted gear.