Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gold

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 27, 2017
I am a level 55 Ice Player, and am wondering where the best place to farm for gold is. Right now, I do Vestrilund, HalfFang BristleCrown, to get gold. Any other good places that might give more gold.
P.S.: They don't have to be easy for me to solo, I can ask for help.
Hunter NightThief, 55

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
DestroyYou321 on Mar 9, 2018 wrote:
I am a level 55 Ice Player, and am wondering where the best place to farm for gold is. Right now, I do Vestrilund, HalfFang BristleCrown, to get gold. Any other good places that might give more gold.
P.S.: They don't have to be easy for me to solo, I can ask for help.
Hunter NightThief, 55
Do you garden? Imo the best source for gold is Couch Potatoes, as they drop many different snacks and treasure cards that sell for a lot of gold... and they add up quickly. I haven't farmed for gold in many years as my Couch Potatoes offer more than enough gold.

My Fire also fishes often, and I make a lot of gold from selling fish.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Try Gardening!

Gardening rewards both gold and treasures you can sell at Bazaar for high prices (especially when you've got quite a few of them).

The process may be slow at first, but overtime, you'll see a high traffic of gold just pouring into your hands.

Definitely recommend!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Halfang and Asrik (right near Halfang) are probably the best places for gold farming. They're easy and quick and both have some nice high value items to sell.

If you're looking for alternatives to gold farming you could consider making some stacked gardens to get a steady flow of gold. If you want any ideas about this just say and I'll give more details. I use a lot of gold for hatching and absolutely hate gold farming so made gardens to sustain the gold flow without farming for it. I am happy to help work out something that works well for your energy and gold needs with the seeds you have so you can achieve the same if you want to do gardening instead of gold farming. If not, then you're in the best place I know of already for gold farming and you could check out Asrik too and see if he is easier/faster.

Good luck and hope this is at least not 'unhelpful'!

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
well Hunter, just about anywhere is good!!!....over a year ago I decided to take time off and play for the gold....fought anything I could and its best if you chose battles you can win....take gear and whatever that is dropped and sell it.....once you get a nice horde its nice when you go back into storyline quests and need a few TC's to put into your deck....you have gold to buy them.....several times including lately i have maxed out my gold pot...but if something pops up that I want, I can buy it!