Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crab Alley

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 18, 2010
What are your thoughts on Crab Alley? Basically I played years ago and thought I was a boss so I skipped all the side missions in wizard city and tried to get to Krokotopia then got bored and stopped playing. Since returning, I have cleaned up with all the side missions in Wizard City but just before moving on the last thing I discover is this whole underwater street with a lengthy side mission.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
I enjoyed when KI partnered with Selena Gomez a while back and introduced quest arranged around her and the area.

That was for me a nice and welcoming idea :D

Hoping KI considers similar events such as that one in the near future (especially since we're celebrating ten years this year).

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Taylorash9 on Jan 28, 2018 wrote:
What are your thoughts on Crab Alley? Basically I played years ago and thought I was a boss so I skipped all the side missions in wizard city and tried to get to Krokotopia then got bored and stopped playing. Since returning, I have cleaned up with all the side missions in Wizard City but just before moving on the last thing I discover is this whole underwater street with a lengthy side mission.
Yep it's there! I mean as always, it's up to you, but if you are a crowns player I'd recommend on getting all of the areas in Wizard City. Wizard City is slightly unique in the fact that it has the most players usually and you have to come back to it the most often. If you have literally zero interest in the side quest then skip it-it is technically a side quest/area. Though I do find that most people are amazed with the swimming animations and stuff, because you don't really see that until you get to Celestia otherwise... (or I guess some housing)

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Way back in 2010, a few months before Celestia was released, KI partnered with Selena Gomez (from Wizards of Waverly Place) to bring us a preview of both Celestia and her album produced that year: A Year Without Rain. That preview was Crab Alley. Selena had been kidnapped by a king crab who loved her singing and we were supposed to rescue her. Had you done the quest back then, you'd have heard a snippet of her song "Round and Round," plus gotten a statue and portrait of Selena Gomez.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Disappear#axzz55PqckTOQ

After the promotion period was over, the Selena part of the Crab Alley quests was removed but the basic plot line remained and the quests are still there as challenging side content for level 5-15 wizards. At the end, you get a set of "rocker" type clothes that look more modern than typical Wizard City clothing.

Crab Alley was at one point required before we could get access to the Waterworks level 60 dungeon, but now it's just optional.

I'm putting in a link to a post about Crab Alley from Around the Spiral with Edward Lifegem, but just in case it's not an allowed link, you can Google to find it. He details the Selena Gomez part of the quest in a post called, "What Was Wizard101 Like Back in the Olden Days?" The date of the post is 20 March 2017.

http://www.edwardlifegem.com/2017/03/what-was-wizard101-like-back-in-olden.html

Alia Misthaven

Defender
Aug 03, 2015
Crab Ally is actually one of my favourite areas in the game. This area was added as a side area for low level wizards but I love it a lot because,

1. It is the first underwater area in the game
2. The story line is really interesting and quite humerus and the XP is worth it too.

Unfortunately, for a while, the area was criminally underrated until waterworks came out. As soon as waterworks came out, the area was blessed. Today it is more popular than it used to be because of waterworks. I'd highly recommend doing this area if your a low level wizard

Explorer
Jan 02, 2011
Hi there!

I have a love/hate relationship with crab alley. I love it because it's basically your first time being in an underwater area! The only thing I didn't like about it (my first time) was that the sound is distorted and the sounds make me feel uncomfortable.

But get use to it! You will return to Crab Alley to do some high leveled quests one day! Good luck!

Jack Legend

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
I enjoyed Crab Alley very much, it's a fun side story quest to do! Plus the reward of the Rockin' T-shirt is a nice remembrance of this area. ( I stitched this shirt to all my dropped gear as I progressed through the storyline. )

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Crab Alley was OK. The storyline and characters were cute.

My issue with Crab Alley and with that other underwater world in Wizard City was that the sidewalks are so narrow and twisting and some corners are dark. I have seen many max players get pulled into street battles because of that. It can be scary if you are a new player and that keeps happening. I wonder if KI can't widen some of those sidewalks, or at least, put more lights on those corners.

Being pulled into battle is never fun. I don't really get that aspect of the game.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Me personally, Cab Ally is a nice area for extra xp but It's near the bottom of my like list. I'm not too fond of an underwater adventure in addition to it being a little long for my taste. I like ares where there's beautiful landscape with colors. But yet, I like Celestia and Pitch Black Lake in Azteca. Maybe the Layout has something to do with it.