Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Intermittent Freezing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 14, 2013
This is a very old bug (www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/choppy-stuttering-skipping-8ad6a41b4937464a0149447fe4662838), but I think I know something of a cause. If your Quest Helper (the yellow arrow) is set to On, but there are no quests available, it will freeze every second as it tries to update it because there is no yellow arrow to display. If you turn off the Quest Helper or go into a place where there is no arrow, like your house, the freezing stops. There are also large dungeons where a quest will show up for that location and display the arrow (i.e. Tartarus, Xibalba). During that time, there won't be any freezing, but the moment the dungeon is completed and that arrow goes away, the freezing returns until you turn off Quest Helper again.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2013
I discovered that if you turned Quest Finder off rather than Quest Helper, this will also eliminate the stuttering problem. Apparently, this started when Quest Finder was added, so maybe this will help them track down the issue.