Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is the Level 80 best gear for ice?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 19, 2014
I am having sever trouble in the game. I am level 80 master and I have even gotten picked on by other players because it’s hard for me. I have all waterworks gear and am always switching between athames and rings because idk what to use. I am often calling for help every battle I get in. The only way I win at an average pace is to use freddo. I don’t have the time or funds to craft anything and really need help even creating a deck!

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
Not sure exactly what your pet situation is, but I used waterworks gear up through level 80. I resorted to pack gear, such as Lydia's and Arund Vale. This carried me until I did Omen Stribog in Polaris, and also the exalted dungeons. As for your athame, ring, and amulet, I used Shango's Iceblade Amulet, and the athame and ring were from the bazaar. It seems like you might need a hand with your strategy. You need to make sure you have some treasure cards to rely on, or the spells themselves. Make sure you've trained feint and the elemental blade-trap sets. These will help you a lot while being a main hitter. My ice is level 125, and I haven't had many issues with my gear ever since I got the arund vale set.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Steven Starbreeze on Dec 31, 2017 wrote:
I am having sever trouble in the game. I am level 80 master and I have even gotten picked on by other players because it’s hard for me. I have all waterworks gear and am always switching between athames and rings because idk what to use. I am often calling for help every battle I get in. The only way I win at an average pace is to use freddo. I don’t have the time or funds to craft anything and really need help even creating a deck!
If you have access to Sardonyx in Khrysalis, get the recipes Traders Wintry Mantle and Armor of Starfrost. I have been using it, even into Mirage; because I hadn't manged to get all the way through Darkmoor. Now that I am 2/3rds through, I have replaced Traders Wintry Mantle with Mantle of the Bitter Ghost.

Hope this helps.Will have to respond later on the boots. I have the Blade of the Felled Titan from Hades. Most of the gear that Polaris and Mirage have are junk, but there is a card deck from Rasputin's chest that gives good decks for 100+ Ice. The crafting gear from Sardonyx is some of the best gear, even at L118.

But the best Ice gear is from Malistaire the Undying. He has Cold Hearted Gear for L125 Ice that has the best stats I seen in awhile.

Timothy Pearlflower, L118 Ice