Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's up with my spells!?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 03, 2012
I have a Balance Level 34 wizard. I have mostly storm and balance spells in my deck. A while ago (a few months), the amount of fizzles I got Increased dramatically for both schools. More recently I got the professor's hoard pack and Baelstrom's stuff helped me out, as well as gear from the winter packs due to their accuracy bonuses. Now my spells are dramatically failing again and it's very frustrating. Do the enemies have something to do it? Or am I just cursed with bad luck?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Okay.

So most storm spells have an accuracy of 70% - 30% of fizzling
Balance on the other hand has that of 85% - 15% chance of fizzling.

Would've been nice if you noted your accuracy here.

Now, one thing I've noticed is that if you try to use the same spell twice consecutively, the first works and you try again with the same one, it has a high chance of fizzling. Example:
You use Kraken, it works. You use it again, it will fizzle. I'm sure this is something you've noticed too, so bear that in mind going forward.

Also, what you can try if it's getting this frustrating is try enchanting your cards with accuracy enchantments from the school. Treasures like Keen Eyes, Sniper etc all boost accuracy and can greatly help.
It will, for example, Keen Eyes (Add 10% in Accuracy) can turn Balance's Judgment from a 85% to 95%. Tied in with your gear and I'm sure you're looking at over a hundred percent accuracy.

Likewise for Storm.

Good Luck.

You shouldn't fizzle much once you hit that level 60 mark onwards though.

Explorer
Apr 13, 2013
Mackenzie Moondrea... on Dec 22, 2017 wrote:
I have a Balance Level 34 wizard. I have mostly storm and balance spells in my deck. A while ago (a few months), the amount of fizzles I got Increased dramatically for both schools. More recently I got the professor's hoard pack and Baelstrom's stuff helped me out, as well as gear from the winter packs due to their accuracy bonuses. Now my spells are dramatically failing again and it's very frustrating. Do the enemies have something to do it? Or am I just cursed with bad luck?
Hello, I’m afraid to say that the same thing is happening on and off for me. I’m not sure what has been causing this. My best remedy for this is using a spell that increases the accuracy for your next spell, like the spell Accurate. This has helped me alot.

Defender
Feb 03, 2012
Star Edward on Dec 22, 2017 wrote:
Okay.

So most storm spells have an accuracy of 70% - 30% of fizzling
Balance on the other hand has that of 85% - 15% chance of fizzling.

Would've been nice if you noted your accuracy here.

Now, one thing I've noticed is that if you try to use the same spell twice consecutively, the first works and you try again with the same one, it has a high chance of fizzling. Example:
You use Kraken, it works. You use it again, it will fizzle. I'm sure this is something you've noticed too, so bear that in mind going forward.

Also, what you can try if it's getting this frustrating is try enchanting your cards with accuracy enchantments from the school. Treasures like Keen Eyes, Sniper etc all boost accuracy and can greatly help.
It will, for example, Keen Eyes (Add 10% in Accuracy) can turn Balance's Judgment from a 85% to 95%. Tied in with your gear and I'm sure you're looking at over a hundred percent accuracy.

Likewise for Storm.

Good Luck.

You shouldn't fizzle much once you hit that level 60 mark onwards though.

Okay so I have already been aware of the 70% accuracy for storm and 85% for Balance. However for me, I have not seen a pattern like fizzling on the second use. It's like the spells decide randomly when they want to fizzle and keep on fizzling. One thing I have noticed is that enemies' spells fizzle more often as well though not as often as mine. As for my accuracy, from memory I think I have a total of +10 precision for storm and +4 for balance. That seemed to have kept fizzles at bay for while but now they are back. And I will consider adding precision spells to my deck to see if it helps.

Defender
Feb 03, 2012
hydra4444 on Dec 22, 2017 wrote:
Hello, I’m afraid to say that the same thing is happening on and off for me. I’m not sure what has been causing this. My best remedy for this is using a spell that increases the accuracy for your next spell, like the spell Accurate. This has helped me alot.
Worried I was the only one . Okay, I'll try precision and see of it works.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I've been going through Empyria with my questing buddy and have notice my fire fizzling a LOT in that world. My school's accuracy is 75%, and my gear bonus is 19%, bringing me to a total of 94%. However, I have been fizzling on almost every fight, at least once (it SEEMS that way anyhow). With 94% accuracy, I should not be fizzling much at all, and that gear hasnt changed since I started empyria. The only thing that has are my levels. While I havent checked at the time, do the new combat assistants lower your accuracy? If so, that could be part of MY problem. Combat Assistants are those NPCs that follow you around and modify your stats during fights

Explorer
Apr 13, 2013
Mackenzie Moondrea... on Dec 23, 2017 wrote:
Worried I was the only one . Okay, I'll try precision and see of it works.
I hope it helps!