Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Two Problems:

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 21, 2013
Considering this forum is moderated and takes a while to get threads approved, I'll go ahead and drop both of these in here.

First: The new wolf mount (2017 winter one running currently) has a glitched jumping animation. It isn't noticeable to anyone other than the user, but jumping frequently causes your character model to glitch into the air above its saddle.

Second: I imagine this has been reported for a long time, but here goes nothin'. The Rattlebones Exalted Duel (and presumably the other brackets as well) has a glitch where you no longer get the rewards from the chest at the end of the duel. To replicate this, one has to kill Rattlebones before the Fairy Queen and her minions, die or flee after this, and then use dungeon recall to finish the fight without Rattlebones present anymore. If the duel is complete under these circumstances any players who have recalled back to the fight after 'Bones is dead will not have their chest drops appear at all.

Explorer
Jul 25, 2010
Matthew Raven 55 on Dec 12, 2017 wrote:
Considering this forum is moderated and takes a while to get threads approved, I'll go ahead and drop both of these in here.

First: The new wolf mount (2017 winter one running currently) has a glitched jumping animation. It isn't noticeable to anyone other than the user, but jumping frequently causes your character model to glitch into the air above its saddle.

Second: I imagine this has been reported for a long time, but here goes nothin'. The Rattlebones Exalted Duel (and presumably the other brackets as well) has a glitch where you no longer get the rewards from the chest at the end of the duel. To replicate this, one has to kill Rattlebones before the Fairy Queen and her minions, die or flee after this, and then use dungeon recall to finish the fight without Rattlebones present anymore. If the duel is complete under these circumstances any players who have recalled back to the fight after 'Bones is dead will not have their chest drops appear at all.
Here are a couple explanations.

Problem one: Maybe perhaps the pet is new, so there could be bugs with them.

Problem two: The chest acts the same was as boss drops. I.E. "If the player is not present when all the enemies/bosses are defeated in a duel, that wizard will not receive any drops from that duel."
The chest is there to emphasize the boss drops that you can get, or just to postpone the disappointment you'll get one way or another.

It has yet to be proven if the chest cycles through random drops after the duel, or if the chest automatically has the drops from the boss you defeated right then.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
This glitch with boss drops doesn't only apply to Rattlebones, it applies to many bosses in the game. If we kill a boss, then die or flee at any point afterwards, even if we return to the same battle and eventually complete it ... we are denied the drops. Or even the credit for defeating that boss.

It has happened to me with Baba Yaga.

I'm not defending the way this is, because frankly I think it (insert your favorite expletive here). It didn't used to be this way, but somewhere along the line KI has changed it. I wish they would change it back. Porting right back after a defeat shows grit and should be rewarded. Instead, we are punished for our persistence.

Alia Misthaven