Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm struggle

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 17, 2017
i am level 46 about to be level 47 and i cannot even get past the rank 9+ creatures and I cannot even best the first boss people say go to wintertusk um I tried and that didnt end up good.is there gear setup or strategy i should use?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I wouldn't even try Wintertusk until you're at least level 48 and have your spell. (I assume, in your case, it will be Storm Lord). Waiting until you're level 50 might be an even better idea, because then you'll have access to gear that will help you.

What you'll need to survive in Wintertusk is Critical and Critical Block. These are new game mechanics that kick in for both Wintertusk and Celestia. However, there's a difference. Celestia eases you into this new mechanic and will provide you with some gear that can help, whereas Wintertusk was designed as if you had finished Celestia already.

People who are experienced in the game can do Wintertusk very early on, but if this is your first run through, I'd recommend you do Celestia first.

Alia Misthaven

Defender
Mar 18, 2012
I might be able to help you through Celestia and Grizzle/Wintertusk. Just give me a time and I'll try to fit it into my calendar.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2017
Hello,
I have the same struggle! I am a level 48 storm, I have just started celestia, I don't really want to do grizzleheim/wintertusk and it's really hard! Do you want to work together? I am Chris MythGiver in game. Hope to see you in the spiral!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Before I begin, I encourage both you diviners to continue at it. Don't give up. Understand that storm's true potential is brought out post level 60 and waterworks gear.

Now, as for tips as playing as a low level diviner:

• Deck - Have a small deck for simple mob battles. Put in AoE spells such as Tempest and Storm Lord (learned at level 48) along with a few storm blades, elemental blades and maybe a trap or two. This helps to get battles done easier so time is not wasted looking for cards and absorbing damage you just can't afford.

• Gear - Your gear should focus heavily on damage and accuracy. If you're able to get the Zenus gear from Mount Olympus, it helps greatly. Makes no sense if you've gear and your accuracy is causing your spells to fail continuously.

• Strategy - Since your defenses are low, plan around this. Learn tower shield from Ice, Feint from death is useful (but not ideally necessary as yet) and you may need Satyr from life until you learn Healing Current (a storm school healing spell learned in Grizzleheim at level 55). Don't go into battles expecting bosses to take it easy on you. They won't. Shield when you see their pips are high or they've a couple charms up on you.

• Try again - If you're defeated, try again. Don't give up. You may need to take a little step back from the computer and that's okay. I can promise you that things will get better!

• Pet - A solid healing pet with resists helps tremendously!

Good Luck!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
A couple of corrections on Star Edward's post:

Storm Lord is learned at level 48, not 45.

Healing Current is learned in Avalon, at level 75. The level 55 spell from Grizzleheim is Insane Bolt.

Otherwise, all the advice is solid and helpful.

Alia Misthaven, 122
Sierra Stormcaller, 100

Survivor
Aug 19, 2017
Star Edward and Freshta,
Thank you so much! All the advice was very helpful. I have a new deck setup with a few elemental blades & traps, blade, storm trap, and 7 storm lord. I have been doing a bunch of side quests to level up in DS and MS. I am a grandmaster now, about to learn the spell "tough". I have three training points, would you suggest I get tough and/or amplify? Thanks again for the advice!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
In your case with limited points, train Tough for now. Your health is so low that you need to get those enemies dead as fast as possible. The Sun school enchantments will greatly increase the damage you can do without requiring an extra turn. By level 68, you'll be adding +250 to your spells.

You're already living life on the edge, so anything you can do to speed up the battle is only going to help you.

For additional training points, there are some extra side quests in Celestia given by a dog named Ogden Peake. He will ask for a sandwich, send you to check on his dog, then ask you to craft him a tea set. Do as many of those quests as you can, and they will give you up to three extra training points for the Astral school spells. (Same thing will happen in Zafaria and other worlds - you'll have chances to increase your training points so you can train more Astral spells.)

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
i recommend doing the side worlds grizzleheim and wintertusk so you will boost a few levels, from then you could also craft the wintertusk crafted gear which is really incredible and has stats that are compared to waterworks gear ! you'll be able to boost through celestia