Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stop running!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 22, 2014
So I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet but I feel like everyone has experienced this issue. Its the glitch where your character will continuously run. It can be extremely problematic in dungeons with other people and you accidently run into battle. Is this being fixed soon?

~Natalie lvl 125
~Natalie lvl 40

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Wizard Bae on Nov 25, 2017 wrote:
So I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet but I feel like everyone has experienced this issue. Its the glitch where your character will continuously run. It can be extremely problematic in dungeons with other people and you accidently run into battle. Is this being fixed soon?

~Natalie lvl 125
~Natalie lvl 40
i know what you're referring to, though it's not a glitch: there's a hotkey that triggers it, though i haven't yet figured out what it is.

to stop it, just press the arrow key to move in any other direction.

Defender
Dec 18, 2010
It happens when you press shift and any of the arrow keys. Some people would use this to continually spin, keeping them from being disconnected for inactivity. Just be careful not to press shift while running and you should be fine!

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
yes, I have had the same thing for the last 3 days at least....some call it "lagging". Its the character movement that is "off"in my situation...I was not able to do daily assignment yesterday in Triton because of the right/left angle turns....I wonder if other characters see me running into walls and yes, getting into battles because my character went too far.....my poor wizard looked like a very drunk wizard!....the good news is that I am not alone on this,which means its probably not my computer!....KI is big and if they are having difficulties I'm sure they are working on them...an awful lot of people on this week, fri there were 4 full realms and 2 crowded...that's a lot!.......we have to have patience....at least I don't have to take my computer apart! now that's a costly task! We love you KI, even with crazy movin' wizards!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Also what may cause this is when you use the mouse to navigate instead of the keyboard. It's not really a glitch.

To cease it, just press the arrow keys as suggested and you should immediately stop in your tracks.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
sorry I did not mention more details...I AM using the arrow keys when I play.