Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

confused

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 30, 2011
This topic prob already has been posted maybe idk

I have a life that is level 29 in Mooshu
I have another wizard that is level 35 in Mooshu

So my friend and I started over on new wizards (well not just started) He picked Myth and I picked Ice. So we are doing the mainline story quests plus the side quests plus Zeke's quests. My wizard is at level 26 and we just got into Marleybone. My Ice is close to my Life.So why the small gap but in different worlds?

Another thing, is that level 50 jump that you can purchase from the crowns shop. It automatically jumps you from any lower level to 50. So you would end up in Celestia. I have a level 46 Balance that is already in Celestia. I don't even remember what level I finished Dragonspyre. My Balance doesn't do side quests or Zeke's quest.

Another thing, How can two wizards be at two different levels be in the same area? You would think that by level 26 it should be in Mooshu by now. I mean my Life is level 29 in Mooshu.

I get it that Zeke's quests and the side quests give you extra experience points. But if you want to stay the same appropriate level in a world should you avoid doing any side quests and just stick to the mainline story quests?

Can someone explain all this to me?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
A few years ago, KI streamlined most lower world quests to drop items right away when we were asked to "defeat and collect." Also, the number of mobs we needed to fight was reduced. I remember having to kill 12 mobs in Dragonspyre for most quests, 10 in Mooshu, 8 in Marleybone, etc. That has also changed.

So, your newer wizards can get through some mainline quests much faster but in doing so, they gather less xp than before.

On the other hand, there are new dungeons and skeleton key bosses that didn't exist before. If you do those, your xp will jump up and put you WAY ahead of where older wizards were without those side quests.

In terms of both experience and quest content, wizards today aren't playing the same game that was available 2-5 years ago. That's probably why you're noticing a difference in how they progress and when they reach the next world.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Oct 26, 2009
Also to add dragon spire use to be the end game world in early wiz days this is why the level 50 boost starts you at celestia as that was the next world they had added for endgame