Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Get rid of team up timer

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 20, 2009
Please get rid of the team up timer making you wait 10 minutes to team up again if you leave. It's really annoying when you try to team up with a friend but only one of you gets in and you have to leave for them but have to wait 10 minutes to team up again... same thing with people leaving as soon as you enter and you have to leave to find more people again but then it makes you wait. I know its to prevent people from leaving and spamming team up to find who they like, but people keep leaving anyways so it's not helping.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
TheFloofLord on Oct 13, 2017 wrote:
Please get rid of the team up timer making you wait 10 minutes to team up again if you leave. It's really annoying when you try to team up with a friend but only one of you gets in and you have to leave for them but have to wait 10 minutes to team up again... same thing with people leaving as soon as you enter and you have to leave to find more people again but then it makes you wait. I know its to prevent people from leaving and spamming team up to find who they like, but people keep leaving anyways so it's not helping.
And it would be 10X worse if it was removed. Do you want troll spammers entering and leaving constantly on the most farmed or important quest dungeons? Some do this because they think its funny, not because they're looking for a team they like - if they were doing that they could decline a team up without entering.
Unless the dungeon you & friends want to enter is a gauntlet, just port to them when they get inside.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I agree, The 10 minute timer is a waste of game time for those trying to do a quest and don't have much game time in a day. I had the same problem while trying to do darkmoor and it's not only Darkmoor. At least one player left right away sometimes causing another one to leave. Then I had to start over. I think I spend a total average of 40 minutes to more than an hour at time all together. Why do we have that 10 minute timer anyway? Every time we re-enter, it's like re-entering a different realm so why do we have to worry about trolling?

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
Not entirely sure about this, but doesn't Pirate101 let you put your entire group into a Team Up at once so that the 2+ of you don't get separated? I think that adding that feature to Wizard101 would be pretty nice for solving your issue without re-enabling those trolls.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Torpzun26 on Oct 15, 2017 wrote:
Not entirely sure about this, but doesn't Pirate101 let you put your entire group into a Team Up at once so that the 2+ of you don't get separated? I think that adding that feature to Wizard101 would be pretty nice for solving your issue without re-enabling those trolls.
I'm not sure how it works for Wizard but in Pirate when you make a "group" party only one member of the group is needed to trigger the dungeon: for example I form a group go to farm The Tower of Moo Manchu and click enter; the others of my group get this message "enter the Tower of Moo Manchu?" they click yes and enter with me.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I'm not sure how but I wish they could cut down on people trolling team ups.
I can't count how many times I get there and no one is there. Or they leave immediately. Or they stand still the entire time and won't enter the battle circle.
I open and watch the timer, so I try to cancel if anyone ducks out but there are people who duck out at the very last nanosecond, so that it appears they are going, then no one is there.

Of course that's not even counting people who gripe and snark the entire time (even though there's nothing to gripe about. I'm just amazed how many do that.)

For those who troll team ups, I wish there was something that could be done about that. I'm not sure what. Is it worth reporting them?

It makes people not want to help.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Maybe they could make it impossible to leave a team up once joining it. Make it pull everyone who joined, to the battle. Then if they just stand there, at least they'd be wasting their own time too and not everyone else's.

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
I do agree that the ten minute timer IS very annoying when you’re trying to do dungeons. Maybe cut it down to something like five minutes? Or maybe they could implement a system where if you leave the dungeon in like the first 10-20 minutes or something, then you get the timer not letting you join, idk.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Since the Team Up Timer is here to stay. Why not explore giving players options and badges.

How many players would be will to pay to get out of Team Up Timer?
(i.e. Pay something of value; gold, Crowns, pets, mounts, backpack items, snacks, etc...).

How many players are unwilling or unable to pay to get out of Team Up Timer?
Cool, the Team Up Timer is already set up, and ready to go!

How many players want a badge that shows off how many times you've either fled the dungeon, or had one or more players disappear?Examples of Two (2) Badges, shown below:
  1. Oops, I Did It Again Badge (Shows how many times a person made the choice to flee a dungeon)
  2. Half is Glass Empty Badge (Shows how many times a person was on a team where one or more players fled)

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Tylerwildpants on Oct 16, 2017 wrote:
Since the Team Up Timer is here to stay. Why not explore giving players options and badges.

How many players would be will to pay to get out of Team Up Timer?
(i.e. Pay something of value; gold, Crowns, pets, mounts, backpack items, snacks, etc...).

How many players are unwilling or unable to pay to get out of Team Up Timer?
Cool, the Team Up Timer is already set up, and ready to go!

How many players want a badge that shows off how many times you've either fled the dungeon, or had one or more players disappear?Examples of Two (2) Badges, shown below:
  1. Oops, I Did It Again Badge (Shows how many times a person made the choice to flee a dungeon)
  2. Half is Glass Empty Badge (Shows how many times a person was on a team where one or more players fled)
Very funny.
How about the first person to leave team up or dungeon gets the penalty? Usually in cases that someone leaves, this starts a mass exodus, leaving anyone who actually wanted to do the dungeon "high & dry".
This would stop the trollers since they would have to wait out the timer & the rest of us can then find a team willing to stick together.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
How about the first person to leave a team without finishing the dungeon buys that team a pack for a penalty. jk

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
anecorbie on Oct 17, 2017 wrote:
Very funny.
How about the first person to leave team up or dungeon gets the penalty? Usually in cases that someone leaves, this starts a mass exodus, leaving anyone who actually wanted to do the dungeon "high & dry".
This would stop the trollers since they would have to wait out the timer & the rest of us can then find a team willing to stick together.
Isn't that already the case? From my experience, only the first person to flee the dungeon gets a timer. This wasn't always the case I know but I really think they changed it. I have tested it in Darkmoor and Tartarus for sure.

Moira Stormheart

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Moira Stormheart on Oct 20, 2017 wrote:
Isn't that already the case? From my experience, only the first person to flee the dungeon gets a timer. This wasn't always the case I know but I really think they changed it. I have tested it in Darkmoor and Tartarus for sure.

Moira Stormheart
I wish if everyone has left, but the last one to join, the team up would automatically cancel itself.

I can't count how many times the person who asked for the team up has left it at the last nano second, meaning I am the only one there when it ports me to the dungeon or battle.

That means I am either now forced to do a dungeon or battle I did not need, and solo it; or I can flee, and take a penalty, forcing me not to join any other team up for a while.

So my two suggestions would be:

1. No one can leave a team up once they join it

but

2. If everyone has left it but one person, or, if the person who called for the team up leaves it, it is automatically canceled.

No harm done on the 2nd thing because everyone can try again, without penalty.

Survivor
Sep 02, 2013
Yeah if you are alone in the dungeon it shouldn't set team up to ten minutes