Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life Gear Help?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jul 05, 2014
Hi guys! I was wondering what gear you'd recommend for a level 81 life wizard who's currently in Azteca. I'm currently wearing:

Hat: Hunter's Helm of Mercy
Robe: Cape of Esprit
Shoes:Loyal Knight's Boots
Wand: Longblade of Avalon
Athame: Scimitar of Substance
Amulet: Wisewood Amulet
Ring: Circle of Caliburn

Do you think this gear's adequate for now, or do you guys have any tips? Thank you so much!

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
FunWizzygirl100 on Sep 7, 2017 wrote:
Hi guys! I was wondering what gear you'd recommend for a level 81 life wizard who's currently in Azteca. I'm currently wearing:

Hat: Hunter's Helm of Mercy
Robe: Cape of Esprit
Shoes:Loyal Knight's Boots
Wand: Longblade of Avalon
Athame: Scimitar of Substance
Amulet: Wisewood Amulet
Ring: Circle of Caliburn

Do you think this gear's adequate for now, or do you guys have any tips? Thank you so much!
For a more offensive soloing gear set I can tell you some of the gear you can use.

Hat: Hood of Espirit
Robe: Cape of Espirit
Boots: Again the espirit gear cause it's so great so pretty much that waterworks gear
Wand: Honestly, if you aren't using crowns, you could just stay with the sky iron hasta
Athame: not sure but at level 90 the Blade of the Felled Titan
Amulet: There is a vendor in Zafaria that sells an amulet that has a life blade or you can get the amulet with the feint card that you can use for bosses
Ring: not sure but at level 90 the Alpha and Omega Ring

Not sure what your deck setup is so if you need help with that this is what I would suggest as a kill before you are killed strategy.

Mob Deck:
Forest Lord, Enchant, School blade, Spirit Blade, side deck should have Spirit Blade and School Blade, if your pet or amulet has a blade then that, maybe a heal or second attack and enchant just in case

Boss Deck:
Same as mob deck except side deck should have a feint and a feint should be added into your main deck and maybe an amulet with feint

This strategy normally works for me, you might go into your battles like this already for all I know.

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
frostednutella on Sep 7, 2017 wrote:
For a more offensive soloing gear set I can tell you some of the gear you can use.

Hat: Hood of Espirit
Robe: Cape of Espirit
Boots: Again the espirit gear cause it's so great so pretty much that waterworks gear
Wand: Honestly, if you aren't using crowns, you could just stay with the sky iron hasta
Athame: not sure but at level 90 the Blade of the Felled Titan
Amulet: There is a vendor in Zafaria that sells an amulet that has a life blade or you can get the amulet with the feint card that you can use for bosses
Ring: not sure but at level 90 the Alpha and Omega Ring

Not sure what your deck setup is so if you need help with that this is what I would suggest as a kill before you are killed strategy.

Mob Deck:
Forest Lord, Enchant, School blade, Spirit Blade, side deck should have Spirit Blade and School Blade, if your pet or amulet has a blade then that, maybe a heal or second attack and enchant just in case

Boss Deck:
Same as mob deck except side deck should have a feint and a feint should be added into your main deck and maybe an amulet with feint

This strategy normally works for me, you might go into your battles like this already for all I know.
Thank you so much for the help! I actually have the Waterworks hat, so I can use that

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i'd keep the esprit set (waterworks) or, if you don't want to farm endlessly, you can craft the level 56 set from wintertusk. maybe craft the avalon/azteca boots at level 76/86... either combo will suffice until you are level 100.

shango's lifeblade amulet (the one from zafaria) will work, and you can keep the sky iron hasta if you aren't using crowns. there's also a level 86 dropped ring in azteca that i can't remember the name of right now (but i will check for you next time i'm in game).

as far as decks go, pack light: frostednutella has given you much the same advice i would have, though i'd like to add one thing to it... keep tc heals in your sideboard; that way, they're there if you need them, but your deck isn't cluttered with them and you don't need to waste precious space and time discarding.

once you're level 90, you can try for the level 90 ring/athame in aquila. but the drop rates are so low that i wouldn't hold my breath.

-von

Explorer
Jun 06, 2011
Well, you might want to substitute the hat and robe for the house of scales ones. They are much more useful plus the mass life prism card that the robe gives. Just saying.

Delver
Jul 05, 2014