Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game not loading

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 12, 2010
Game loads but is not playable because connection keeps dropping every few minutes.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2009
At this time. still cannot play. Sometimes error messages 107 108 109 121, sometimes loads but cannot connect when I select characters. Last time I was able to play fully was mid morning yesterday, though had the connection errors earlier that morning. Did briefly play one character last night , but using teleporter broke the connection and could not connect again. Most of my plants in my garden are under protection spells but not all of them and with this long downtime sure I will have wilting and dead plants. I am sure KI staff is continuing to work on this; hopefully they will have this resolved soon. We should keep them updated; info provided may help them track down the problem. We should hang in there; I am sure they will solve this soon.

Squire
May 10, 2013
Survivor
Feb 27, 2012
Sorry Dworgen, after 7am and servers NOT back on-line. Grab some coffee or bring in the back-ups. Am rooting for you!!!

Survivor
Dec 25, 2013
I see some people are reporting they can play. That is nice. I can't even log in still. more than 24 hours now my plants are going to be a mess. Please hurry KI

Survivor
Aug 31, 2012
Survivor
Dec 23, 2010
Here in Northern California and the game will not load at all from the welcome screen. I get "Error 107". I assume that this is a very big crash! My family has had a membership for eight years and I don't recall ever seeing Wizard101 down for this long.... keep the faith...we won't give up on you! Also, our s go out to all the people of Texas, no doubt many of you there have other worries bigger than this work related one.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2017
PlayHard101 on Sep 1, 2017 wrote:
The game is fine right now. You can login now.
Good if you can, I still can't ^^ I am back being stuck on the Launcher... Not even letting me start up the game itself...

Survivor
Jul 04, 2013
My internet is fine also. I feel like just quitting the game. I've been playing this for a long time. It's my pastime. Plz fix asap.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2016
RichardRain on Sep 1, 2017 wrote:
I am still unable to enter in game, Logged in successfully until character menu but when click on "Play" button it says "entering game.." and after few seconds a dialogue box says "failed to connect to servers" and options "ok" and "quit" and when click ok it takes me to character screen and same thing again and again.

Anyone else having same issue still?

Hi RichardRain yes I am having the same issue I have not been able to log on as of yesterday.

Survivor
Dec 25, 2013
note to admin: another game had a similar problem in the past it turned out the internet provider was blocking customers because they reduced the bandwidth for the game server. I have no idea if this is the same but it is worth investigating if there is no other reason they can find.

Survivor
Feb 26, 2017
Survivor
Nov 23, 2010
I was just able to get on, so maybe it's fixed now?

Survivor
Jan 08, 2016
indyjunior on Aug 31, 2017 wrote:
Hey everyone,

I tried to log in and it said that I could not connect to wizard101 but I had a perfectly fine internet connection. I had uninstalled it and reinstalled it recently so I wonder if that may be part of the problem. Anyone have any idea what this might be?

-Thanks

hi yes I can't get in. I keep getting the message server could not connect

Survivor
Sep 02, 2009
i cannot get on ether of of pirate or wizard whats going on

Survivor
Jul 20, 2011
Should be fixed now! Servers were just attacked last night.

Survivor
May 09, 2009
The game is working fine for me now. I wonder what caused all the problems in the first place

Alyssa Iceflower (ice level 64)
Sabrina Blueeyes (balance level 32)
Seirra Dreamheart (fire level 26)
Autumn Flower (life level 25)
Calamity Stormcloud (storm level 21)
Moira Nightshade (death level 19)

Survivor
Jan 11, 2015
Seth Life Caster on Aug 31, 2017 wrote:
Because of the servers going down and all, Any chance the birthday week can be extended as I haven't been able to log in all day and wasted the day of bonus week, anyway it can be extended?

Seth Life Caster 113
Seth Storm Caster 100
Seth Ice Caster 43
I agree I can't even log in for my daily quests this is rediculous. Please extend everything as well as compensate for our frustration. A lot of my friends and family dont play anymore, claim you guys dont really care about anything but the money but I still play and want you to prove that isnt the facts.

Fallon ShadowRider

Survivor
Jan 11, 2015
dianatku on Sep 1, 2017 wrote:
I feel for you. I had just renewed my membership and would like the day(s) added back to my account also.
I too feel I should not only be compensated but given every day I can't play added back onto my membership since I have to pay why wouldnt they have to pay also.

Fallon ShadowRider

Survivor
Jan 11, 2015
jrw1962 on Sep 1, 2017 wrote:
I've been involved with computers since before most here were born, and probably their parents too...

I've worked professionally with high demand, critical servers, in the financial industry for the last 30 years. Downtime is to be expected, but minimal. As of this posting the servers have either been offline or unusable for over 12 hours and counting by my experience, nearing 24 for others.

Where are the backup servers, where is the quick diagnosis of the root cause and the return of the connectivity?

There is not one single server that everyone connects to, there are many, I find it hard to believe that all of the servers are down. If this was due to a software upgrade, why haven't you rolled back the upgrade?
If this is an issue with hardware, I find it staggering that all the servers have failed at the same time. If network based, either due to a DDOS attack or network connectivity failure, I still don't understand the immense amount of time it is taking to rectify the underlying issue.

The lack of status updates is just poor customer service too....
I completely agree were into day 2 and a half of this nonsense and it should be fixed or announcements made! Please tell us on log in or a different thread Kings Isle what the devil is going on here and whats being done to fix this? I not only as a paying customer demand that you fix this problem quickly and efficiently but that you compensate not gift for it, as well as run the Lost Pages Event, B.O.X.E.S Event and double experience birthday bash for an extended period so players can get these events since normal play hasnt been an option.

Fallon ShadowRider

Survivor
May 18, 2011
They are aware the game is having problems & are working to fix it. That includes:
  • people who could not log on,
  • people who could log on but were kicked from the server,
  • people who could actually check plants but were once again kicked from the server with a "too long in loading zone" error,
  • people who would get message on log on from Harold Argleston at the Library and when you went to see him he had nothing to say.
All servers are being affected. Modern technology can give many hours of fun but when there's a hiccup in the system, it can be a doozy. All we can do is be patient & wait it out. Its not going to take very long. Maybe the system was celebrating the Birthday just a little too much!!

Explorer
Jun 17, 2011
Hello!

The servers are supposed to be back up but many people are still having problems. I am able to log into both wiz and pirate and I have been doing fine.

Can you login? Or are you still having problems?

Defender
Nov 21, 2013
If the downtime continues throughout the day, please consider extending the bundle sales and 9th anniversary rewards (double pet xp, gardening xp, and so on) for a few more days - or however many days are lost due to this.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Explorer
Oct 11, 2010
Not sure about the rest of you, but my game has been working fine. I even got out of Sardonyx today, finally.
Darby UnicornFlower-102
Darby Seacloud-33
Darby StarWraith-23
Darby-13
Genevieve RoseStone-12