Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life Buff

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 09, 2012
I honestly think the life school needs a buff... BAD! I have my reasonings for this. I do understand that "Life is a support wizard and it's not for attacking", but it is nearly impossible to solo battle in any dungeon even when I am Exalted. The only attack all spell is the Forest Lord. This spell you get at level 58! I am double that level and I still have to rely on the forest lord to maybe kill my enemies. When I reached level 88, I really was upset about the spinysaur. Everyone got their level 88 spell (The Avenging Fossil, and the Sun Serpent, etc.) and some got an attack all spell, and some didn't (That's Normal). Again, the Spinysaur was no help with the many minions that most bosses have, even at level 88, I was defenseless unless I used my forest lord. When you reach level 100, some players get an attack all, and some do not (Normal). Once again, the life school gets a single attack spell. I do not think this is fair. I have to rely on my level 58 spell to help me through my quests, and I am not very much exited for my new spells that come in. I would not consider "Wings of Fate" to be an attack all spell because it doesn't attack on the spot, and you have to wait a round for it to take action (And it doesn't do much damage). I think that the ways you can fix the Life school would be this.

1. Buff the Spinysaur so it can attack one specific enemy, then attack all players (To match some of the mass attack spells that some schools get at level 88).

2. Buff Wings of Fate so that it attacks all (and make it do more damage) and then a damage over time, while healing all players. This could be an amazing buff because it would be a pretty powerful spell and it would not disappoint life wizards when they get the spell.

3. Make the Caterpillar a Mass Attack Spell. This would be on the bottom of my list because the other ideas are better, but this could be an option/

Please consider this because many people talk about life wizards being "Only for healing" and "They aren't strong enough" and I want to solo a dungeon without having to buy a henchman, or begging people to come save me because I am only able to defend myself with my level 58 spell that I got ages ago. Please consider a buff in the life wizard because it would bring great potential and good concepts and maybe would result into more people actually wanting to solo as a life wizard :)

Thanks for reading!
- Jonathan EarthCaster

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Life can get very high damage, if you did some math you would realize that in most cases you only need 1 more blade then say a storm for the same hit (non shadow aoe).

I have used my life as a hitter in places such as Tartarus, Morganthe and Darkmoor very successfully.

If you can supply your gear setup, pet etc we could probably give you some tips, but honestly Life is just fine in the damage department imo!

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I feel your frustrating. I play a few life wizards and sometimes I wish they are a stronger hitter. Life are healers not hitters but they need to survive to. I know many players can solo them even I can but many can not. That may be why life wizards are not that popular. I do agree that Wings of Fate needs a buff for a DAE enhanced spell.

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
Pouffy23 on Jul 30, 2017 wrote:
I honestly think the life school needs a buff... BAD! I have my reasonings for this. I do understand that "Life is a support wizard and it's not for attacking", but it is nearly impossible to solo battle in any dungeon even when I am Exalted. The only attack all spell is the Forest Lord. This spell you get at level 58! I am double that level and I still have to rely on the forest lord to maybe kill my enemies. When I reached level 88, I really was upset about the spinysaur. Everyone got their level 88 spell (The Avenging Fossil, and the Sun Serpent, etc.) and some got an attack all spell, and some didn't (That's Normal). Again, the Spinysaur was no help with the many minions that most bosses have, even at level 88, I was defenseless unless I used my forest lord. When you reach level 100, some players get an attack all, and some do not (Normal). Once again, the life school gets a single attack spell. I do not think this is fair. I have to rely on my level 58 spell to help me through my quests, and I am not very much exited for my new spells that come in. I would not consider "Wings of Fate" to be an attack all spell because it doesn't attack on the spot, and you have to wait a round for it to take action (And it doesn't do much damage). I think that the ways you can fix the Life school would be this.

1. Buff the Spinysaur so it can attack one specific enemy, then attack all players (To match some of the mass attack spells that some schools get at level 88).

2. Buff Wings of Fate so that it attacks all (and make it do more damage) and then a damage over time, while healing all players. This could be an amazing buff because it would be a pretty powerful spell and it would not disappoint life wizards when they get the spell.

3. Make the Caterpillar a Mass Attack Spell. This would be on the bottom of my list because the other ideas are better, but this could be an option/

Please consider this because many people talk about life wizards being "Only for healing" and "They aren't strong enough" and I want to solo a dungeon without having to buy a henchman, or begging people to come save me because I am only able to defend myself with my level 58 spell that I got ages ago. Please consider a buff in the life wizard because it would bring great potential and good concepts and maybe would result into more people actually wanting to solo as a life wizard :)

Thanks for reading!
- Jonathan EarthCaster
I apologize for being polemical, but Life does not need a buff. The fault is not in Life's base damage, but rather in the player's ability to master the Life school. See, the schools are blending each other more and more. Every school wants its own heal, higher damage, more health, stuns. The more the schools have in common the easier they'll blend in. Soon, it won't matter whether you play as a Life or Storm wizard because you'll feel like you're playing the same school.

Those who complain about Life's lack of damage and can't solo don't know how to play it. Either choose a different school, or learn how to play as a Life wizard.

Here's a short guide for you:

If you haven't already, learn Feint. This spell is vital. This is probably the best advice. It will make your life a lot easier, especially as a Life wizard. I've been using this spell from the moment I got it up to Mirage.
Gear is also important no matter which school you are. If you can't get the best gear in the game, get the second best.
Resist isn't as essential like everyone makes it out to be—at least not in PvE. In fact, I don't carry resist in the arena as well—because you're Life. I've soloed every world up to Zafaria with little to no resist. Life has the second most highest health in the game and the best heals. Resist becomes important once you finish Zafaria.
Remember you're Life, not Storm. Therefore matches will be longer. Take the time to blade up—4 stacked blades is great. Use Feint on bosses, even better if you've also trained potent trap. You'll be healing yourself a lot as a Life wizard—don't neglect that.
Forest Lord will become your best friend. You'll be using this spell in EVERY world. Wings of Fate is already disappointing enough—we know that. WoF will never compensate for Lord. Imo, Spiny isn't very important in PvE. You're better of with Caterpillar.

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
I understand this (To all of the comments above) and I do agree that life school isn't for everyone. I have perfect gear, a good pet, and I know how to do my work most of the time. I am really dissapointed in how life school gets only one Attack all spell and every other school gets more. I honestly think that Storm, Fire, and Death are the best schools considering they have the most mass attack spells. I just think that Wings Of Fate at least needs a buff or they make the Spinysaur an attack all spell because the Forest lord does not do well for me now considering I got that spell at level 58 and I have no other mass attack spell to choose from. I think that the way to fix this is to just give us at least one more mass attack spell to choose from and then we can finally say that Life School does not need a buff. Everyone I talk to about this school says that they do not like life school because we always have to rely on our forest lord to do our work and it will not cut out for most of us unless we have a team with us. I couldn't agree with them more. I just think that we need a chance at showing off how life IS powerful and at least buff the Wings of Fate because everyone classifies that spell as a "Disappointment"

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
Angel of Solitude on Jul 30, 2017 wrote:
I apologize for being polemical, but Life does not need a buff. The fault is not in Life's base damage, but rather in the player's ability to master the Life school. See, the schools are blending each other more and more. Every school wants its own heal, higher damage, more health, stuns. The more the schools have in common the easier they'll blend in. Soon, it won't matter whether you play as a Life or Storm wizard because you'll feel like you're playing the same school.

Those who complain about Life's lack of damage and can't solo don't know how to play it. Either choose a different school, or learn how to play as a Life wizard.

Here's a short guide for you:

If you haven't already, learn Feint. This spell is vital. This is probably the best advice. It will make your life a lot easier, especially as a Life wizard. I've been using this spell from the moment I got it up to Mirage.
Gear is also important no matter which school you are. If you can't get the best gear in the game, get the second best.
Resist isn't as essential like everyone makes it out to be—at least not in PvE. In fact, I don't carry resist in the arena as well—because you're Life. I've soloed every world up to Zafaria with little to no resist. Life has the second most highest health in the game and the best heals. Resist becomes important once you finish Zafaria.
Remember you're Life, not Storm. Therefore matches will be longer. Take the time to blade up—4 stacked blades is great. Use Feint on bosses, even better if you've also trained potent trap. You'll be healing yourself a lot as a Life wizard—don't neglect that.
Forest Lord will become your best friend. You'll be using this spell in EVERY world. Wings of Fate is already disappointing enough—we know that. WoF will never compensate for Lord. Imo, Spiny isn't very important in PvE. You're better of with Caterpillar.
I understand the concept on how to handle life (Pun intended). I just think that WoF really needs a buff, or they can buff the spinysaur to attack all considering a lot of the level 88 spells do so. I can't see the Caterpillar as an Attack All spell, but I can see a buff in the WoF that nees to be done ASAP

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Pouffy23 on Jul 31, 2017 wrote:
I understand the concept on how to handle life (Pun intended). I just think that WoF really needs a buff, or they can buff the spinysaur to attack all considering a lot of the level 88 spells do so. I can't see the Caterpillar as an Attack All spell, but I can see a buff in the WoF that nees to be done ASAP
LOL, I'm glad you know how to handle life. Life can get pretty whiled at times and if you don't hold on to it tight with both hands, it can turn you upside down, throw you in to a loop and slip away from you.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Pouffy23 on Jul 31, 2017 wrote:
I understand this (To all of the comments above) and I do agree that life school isn't for everyone. I have perfect gear, a good pet, and I know how to do my work most of the time. I am really dissapointed in how life school gets only one Attack all spell and every other school gets more. I honestly think that Storm, Fire, and Death are the best schools considering they have the most mass attack spells. I just think that Wings Of Fate at least needs a buff or they make the Spinysaur an attack all spell because the Forest lord does not do well for me now considering I got that spell at level 58 and I have no other mass attack spell to choose from. I think that the way to fix this is to just give us at least one more mass attack spell to choose from and then we can finally say that Life School does not need a buff. Everyone I talk to about this school says that they do not like life school because we always have to rely on our forest lord to do our work and it will not cut out for most of us unless we have a team with us. I couldn't agree with them more. I just think that we need a chance at showing off how life IS powerful and at least buff the Wings of Fate because everyone classifies that spell as a "Disappointment"
I have a myth, try relying on Frog, which I pretty much defeated all of Khyrsalis btw, sure we have a shadow aoe, but you need a shadow pip for that

One of the advantages with forest lore is by the time you have enough pips to cast it you also have 2 blades up, its actually a pretty powerful spell with blades, you are under rating it

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Just to point something out, we defeated darkmoor with a life hitter using forest lord and completed the dungeon in about 20 minutes, use your blades!

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I think I know what Jonathon 92500 is saying. He wants to play life for attacks and heals at the same time he wants a buff on some of the spells for the base damage without blades, traps and enhancements for a better survival ratings. He's not asking for a storm or fire like hitter, Just a little buff on life and I agree with him because more life wizards are needed in the game

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I'm alternating between Life and Death wizards at the moment, playing one and then the other as I level them up. Life is currently level 72 & Death is 75 (she did way more dungeons).

I can honestly say without any exaggerating ... right now my Life is totally out-hitting my Death.

Three blades, two or three traps, Amplify and a high Critical rating is all it takes. She's very reliable at hitting for over 20,000 with just a single Forest Lord.

Add in Feints?

It has actually surprised me, how powerful she is.

As far as Wings of Fate goes, my Fire soloed Khrysalis using Power Link - the Link damages one enemy over time while sending a little healing energy back with each round. She buffed her damage, healing and critical in order to get the maximum benefit of that 4 pip spell, then spammed the heck out of it. She's still doing that in Mirage!

Wings of Fate does the same thing, only it hits everyone and heals everyone - including teammates, minions or henchmen. Wings has a low pip cost and with spamming it can rip up shields, then layer on a lot of damage over time in much the same way that Fire does, while stealing back health in a way that is similar to Death. It's the best of both worlds, and LIFE has it! Why are you complaining? There's no reason to make it into something else just because you're envying other schools.

Storm suffers from low health, unreliable heals, and no way around shields.

Death attacks have low base damage, and enchantments like Epic don't give the full damage amount to drain spells.

Fire ... um. Well, there are some weaknesses, I just can't think of any at the moment. Oh wait, Fire doesn't have Wings of Fate!

Alia Misthaven, 120
Rowan Ashcloud, 120
Sierra Stormcaller, 92
Fallon Raven, 75
Sophia Soulmender, 72

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
Ding Ding!!! ^^

Life needs a buff, and this is why.

Does a lot of damage, has some healing spells, and can always take down a team (Because they have a lot of attack all spells). It is quite easy to solo as them if you know what card to use as an attack all spell.

Major health boost out of all of the schools. They have attacks just about the same as life, they have quite a few attack all spells, and they are able to handle themselves slightly with their major health boost. I also think that ice is a good team member because they are able to taunt and draw attention to themselves. I do think ice needs a buff s well considering they get a shadow spell that does 85 damage per pip... This is 5 more that how much the Tempest does for a level 28 storm wizard. This is an Exalted player we are talking about here! This ice wizard can't wait for a shadow pip to do an ice version of a tempest! It needs to be a little more than 85 in my opinion.

Not very strong attacks, they are able to summon minions to help them solo, and they have quite a few attack all spells to choose from.

The most well treated school by far. The only downfall to this school is their health (Accuracy can be easily changed). They do the most damage, everyone wants them on their team, and most of all, they can actually choose from their 109482894 attack all spells that they have to attack with. Storm wizards can easily solo and are able to end a battle fast. They constantly get attack all spells and not much for the rest. This and Death school just about tie.

Can easily solo a battle because they get MAJOR health after a big attack (Especially their attack all spell that they get at level 100... Woo hoo! They got an attack all spell? Doesn't surprise me). They use an attack, and gain about full health from the health steal. Basically a life wizard within themselves but with better attacks and higher damage. Can I also mention they get some cards to heal others as well? Best school along with storm.

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
Basically a heavy hitter, and a support school all in one. They get to choose which route they want and I think I like this school because of this. They have quite a bit of attack all spells to choose from, and overall know what they are doing.

Here we go. Life. Life wizards have some nice spells and all, but they have ONE attack all spell that they get at level 58. Not only is the Forest Lord lifes only attack all spell, but they are also a spell that doesn't provide a little backup hit along the way (Example: Storm lord can stun, super nova can weaken, Sirens can take shields away and remove accuracy etc. etc.) They are only an attack all spell, and they are done for. Life wizards are known for one thing, and that is healing others. Yes I know that I signed up for this school, but I don't want my school to be focused on one specific task. I am never able to solo barely any dungeon because I have to work on getting enough pips to forest lord, while I blade, and heal myself at the same time. I sure know that other schools have the ability to heal others as well. Just because life gets a couple more healing spells, doesn't mean we should get our will to be able to solo a battle taken away with it. I believe that life needs a bigger buff. I explained above about all of the schools and how they get to benefit, so I will tell you how life benefits below.

- The ability to heal others and have a little bit more healing cards than some

There ^ I said it. Most life heals are never used. Exalted life wizards use the Satyr, and the Rebirth spell (Only with a group). The rest are history and are never used. We need more will to attack all spells instantly without having to pull out the forest lore to save us. We need a better way to defend, and we need an attack that everyone says "Hey, do the Wings Of Fate, it will help us a ton" (Which I have never had that said to me at all). All I am saying is, we need to buff the WoF like how everyone asks. Please? We need it.

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
Jasmine3429 on Aug 1, 2017 wrote:
I have a myth, try relying on Frog, which I pretty much defeated all of Khyrsalis btw, sure we have a shadow aoe, but you need a shadow pip for that

One of the advantages with forest lore is by the time you have enough pips to cast it you also have 2 blades up, its actually a pretty powerful spell with blades, you are under rating it
Well you see here, you are able to spawn minions to help you in a solo battle, and you are able to actually choose which attack all spell that you are able to hit with. At least you get a shadow pip spell that actually does the damage you need instead of 2 swans that do damage over time and not as an attack all spell that life wizards NEED at an exalted stage. This discussion is more focused on us life wizards needing at least one more attack all spell to choose from and considering everyone has been begging kingsisle to make Wings of Fate an attack all spell (Instantly), and they still sadly haven't done so, really makes us impacient because Wings Of Fate is a very underused spell and I think that life wizards need a little buff to help them in fighting. Especially solo battles. As soon as the spells came out, Life wizards went out in an uproar because everyone got their "Amazing new shadow spell" while we got a weak support spell as usual and were stuck with the "I have to click Team Up and wait for a team to survive a dungeon" Mode. I just think we need something more. Death and Storm get the best treatment, and I am sure that many can agree on that one.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Pouffy23 on Aug 3, 2017 wrote:
Well you see here, you are able to spawn minions to help you in a solo battle, and you are able to actually choose which attack all spell that you are able to hit with. At least you get a shadow pip spell that actually does the damage you need instead of 2 swans that do damage over time and not as an attack all spell that life wizards NEED at an exalted stage. This discussion is more focused on us life wizards needing at least one more attack all spell to choose from and considering everyone has been begging kingsisle to make Wings of Fate an attack all spell (Instantly), and they still sadly haven't done so, really makes us impacient because Wings Of Fate is a very underused spell and I think that life wizards need a little buff to help them in fighting. Especially solo battles. As soon as the spells came out, Life wizards went out in an uproar because everyone got their "Amazing new shadow spell" while we got a weak support spell as usual and were stuck with the "I have to click Team Up and wait for a team to survive a dungeon" Mode. I just think we need something more. Death and Storm get the best treatment, and I am sure that many can agree on that one.
I seriously disagree that Life needs a buff. I have a 120 Life, and I find the school fine just the way it is! High level mobs only have around 3000 health now, so I just do two blades and a Forest Lord and the fight is done. Same with boss battles, except I just add a couple feints and maybe another blade.

The problem isn't that Life needs a buff, the problem is that people refuse to use the tools they are given and instead cry nerf or beg for the school they have to be buffed. Seriously, the game has already been nerfed to the ground.

I like Wings of Fate because the swans make cute noises when I cast the spell lol

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
Freshta on Aug 3, 2017 wrote:
I'm alternating between Life and Death wizards at the moment, playing one and then the other as I level them up. Life is currently level 72 & Death is 75 (she did way more dungeons).

I can honestly say without any exaggerating ... right now my Life is totally out-hitting my Death.

Three blades, two or three traps, Amplify and a high Critical rating is all it takes. She's very reliable at hitting for over 20,000 with just a single Forest Lord.

Add in Feints?

As far as Wings of Fate goes, my Fire soloed Khrysalis using Power Link - the Link damages one enemy over time while sending a little healing energy back with each round. She buffed her damage, healing and critical in order to get the maximum benefit of that 4 pip spell, then spammed the heck out of it. She's still doing that in Mirage!

Wings of Fate does the same thing, only it hits everyone and heals everyone - including teammates, minions or henchmen. Wings has a low pip cost and with spamming it can rip up shields, then layer on a lot of damage over time in much the same way that Fire does, while stealing back health in a way that is similar to Death. It's the best of both worlds, and LIFE has it! Why are you complaining? There's no reason to make it into something else just because you're envying other schools.

Death attacks have low base damage, and enchantments like Epic don't give the full damage amount to drain spells.

Fire ... um. Well, there are some weaknesses, I just can't think of any at the moment. Oh wait, Fire doesn't have Wings of Fate!

Alia Misthaven, 120
Rowan Ashcloud, 120
Sierra Stormcaller, 92
Fallon Raven, 75
Sophia Soulmender, 72
I am aware that the forest lord is powerful with certain blades and feints (So is every other spell in the whole game). This is more based on us wanting at least one more attack all spell to choose from, and that WoF gets mentioned a LOT in the "Feedback Fridays" they kingsisle does not listen to. Here is the thing, Kingsisle was asked for weeks and weeks and weeks to buff WoF to be an attack all spell and a heal all spell (The heal doesn't really have to be instant, it's just the damage that needs dealt with). After the spell was made, many life wizards ened out in a big uproar because we got one of the worst spells out of all of the level 108 schools and we weren't able to even use them at an exalted stage. Storm uses their glowbug a lot, fire uses their raging bull a lot, death uses juju a lot, Ice uses their penguin cannon spell a lot, balence gets their attack all spell (Not sure of the name), Myth gets their attack all spell in level 108, so why does life get an attack all spell that doesn't help them in any exalted dungeons? I don't understand. We as a team have been BEGGING kingsisle to buff the Wings of Fate for weeks and months and months after they added the spell, and we are left in the dust to use our Mangie forest lord that we recieved at level 58 that does half the damage as the glowbug would. On top of this, it also doesn't have perks (Like adding weakness to all enemies, accuracy reduction, etc.) I think that Life is really undervalued and we need a spell that is able to match the exalted stage, and buffing WoF would be a great start to the school to make it more enjoyable and to let others like it more. Right now, whenever I mention life school to need a buff, everyone in the game agrees because I am only considered a "Healer" and nothing more.

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
Freshta on Aug 3, 2017 wrote:

Add in Feints?

Alia Misthaven, 120
Rowan Ashcloud, 120
Sierra Stormcaller, 92
Fallon Raven, 75
Sophia Soulmender, 72
And I am 99.9% sure that you didn't solo Krysalis with a spell that you get at a very low level. It is absurd and very un true. I just know that you don't even understand if you are fire who is used to damage over time. Life is not for a damage over time spell. That is your job, not ours. If you do not have to deal with the spell, then of coarse you will side with the other side that says that WoF is fine as it is even though you don't have the card with you. Life needs a buff, and it needs it soon. Simple. Everyone has been asking for this, and I will make a post AGAIn about the WoF needing a buff since we ask numerous times and it still is not made. They can add a "Trickster" spell and take it away, but can't buff a single card that is being asked for It's unfair.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Perhaps it's only because I'm at level 71, but Forest Lord has been a life saver (no pun intended). Aside from a few boss fights, I've had no problems soloing (Currently in Zambia of Zafaria).

My biggest problem has been getting the blades, traps, and Forest Lord to come at the right moments in my deck.

I had more trouble with the Jade Oni in Mooshu and the Treemen on Tanglewood Way in Wysteria

I need to take advantage of the buyback weekend and get Feint into my deck.

Steven Ghoststalker

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Pouffy23 on Aug 4, 2017 wrote:
And I am 99.9% sure that you didn't solo Krysalis with a spell that you get at a very low level. It is absurd and very un true. I just know that you don't even understand if you are fire who is used to damage over time. Life is not for a damage over time spell. That is your job, not ours. If you do not have to deal with the spell, then of coarse you will side with the other side that says that WoF is fine as it is even though you don't have the card with you. Life needs a buff, and it needs it soon. Simple. Everyone has been asking for this, and I will make a post AGAIn about the WoF needing a buff since we ask numerous times and it still is not made. They can add a "Trickster" spell and take it away, but can't buff a single card that is being asked for It's unfair.
It looks like you don't have experience with other schools.

Case in point: Death's Juju is a level 75 utility spell. It does no damage at all, except to the Death wizard who casts it!
Case in point: Myth's minions are mythical in their ability to actually be of help. They are a waste of pips.
Case in point: you don't notice that most schools have DoT spells, including yours (Spinysaur, Wings). It's not just a "Fire" thing. You also have multiple heals over time. You know how they work.

What I soloed Khrysalis with was the Efreet (single hit on one) or the Sun Serpent (single hit, powerful attack on one with a minor AoE chaser), plus Power Link spamming. I don't care if you believe me or not, but the basic strategy I used - yes, even as FIRE with plenty of AoE spells - was always to take out the weakest mob first.

Take them down, one at a time, so that I can reduce the amount of damage coming my way. Then heal. I learned that from playing Life.

As Life, you have really powerful spells that can do that, including Gnomes, Caterpillar and King Artorious (he heals you over time!). You also got Lord, and at level 108 there's Lamassu, which is a variable single-hit or AoE, depending on what you need.

You have the strongest blades in the game.

Your Wings of Fate works exactly like Scald, doing a higher level of damage to all, yet it brings in over time heals to all as well. Why you keep complaining that it doesn't do damage or 'AoE damage' is completely baffling to me. It hits everyone, on the next round after you cast it. With good gear, enchantment and a couple of blades, it's not hard to get over 2000 damage per tick, which is more than enough to take down mobs in Mirage.

Use Wings to clear out minions or shields and heal yourself while you blade up for a single hit on the boss. Once Wings is done, then you can lay traps and hit. It's a fantastic spell as long as you know WHEN to use it.

Alia Misthaven, 120
Rowan Ashcloud, 120

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Area51Alien on Aug 4, 2017 wrote:
Perhaps it's only because I'm at level 71, but Forest Lord has been a life saver (no pun intended). Aside from a few boss fights, I've had no problems soloing (Currently in Zambia of Zafaria).

My biggest problem has been getting the blades, traps, and Forest Lord to come at the right moments in my deck.

I had more trouble with the Jade Oni in Mooshu and the Treemen on Tanglewood Way in Wysteria

Steven Ghoststalker
You're having trouble because your deck is too big. Clear out all the cards you don't use.

Always pack light, no more than 2 or 3 of most spells.

I know it sounds scary to not take the kitchen sink but trust me, you don't need it. You also don't need five copies of a spell. If you're really worried that you'll run out of cards, take a reshuffle.

Alia Misthaven

PS: Feint is a wonderful spell. You definitely should train for it!

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Pouffy23 on Aug 4, 2017 wrote:
I soloed most of Khyrasalsi with frog, so yes it is possible.

I am constantly surprised how every school wants what others schools have, Soon there will be no reason to choose one over the other, they will all be the same if people have their way.

Life can heal, life can solo, life can hit, I seriously do not understand what the issue is at all.

And whoever said storm can solo easily has never soloed on storm.

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
Area51Alien on Aug 4, 2017 wrote:

Steven Ghoststalker
Yes, the forest lord is pretty good to have, but so is every other mass attack spell in the game. The forest lord is the lowest attack all spell (That is preferabbly used from each school.. Oh wait.. We can't prefer an attack all spell because we are stuck with only one.. Forgot). As I was saying, the forest lord does only around 500 damage (As it says on the card), and every other school with there prefferabble Mass attack spell has WAY more than that. EVERY OTHER SCHOOL gets their variety of mass attack spells, but we are stuck with the forest lord and no other preferable choice just like every other school. You see here, you are level 71, meaning that you are still at the stage where you haven't met the spell "Spinysaur" and your shadow spells. It will hit you soon enough that Life is very undervalued and not treated the same. When you get your level 88 spell, you will see that you will use it a couple times when you first get it, but then it will be useless to your deck because:

1. The spinysaur does not attack all enemies like some schools get on their level 88 spell (oh imagine that)

2. It costs so much pips, and the gnomes are way better than the spell anyways.
You will realize soon enough that every other school has a WAY bigger advantage over you (Damage wise) considering that every other school gets their amazing shadow spell that is a mass attack, and their amazing level 88 spell that is mass attack, and we are left in the dust with a spell that was given to us at level 58 and it doesn't have any after effected perks provided within the spell. Soon enough, you will realize that a lot of other schools are probably the most best treated schools and are given a chance to actually have fun with their school. I am sorry about you not being able to relate at the moment, but it will hit you soon enough when you see everyone having fun with their "New shadow spell" while we are left in the dust with a spell that is very un used and I wished it had good concepts.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Hero
Aug 18, 2011
My life wiz can hit almost has hard as my storm, while having about 3000 more health. He's soloed most of the game, including many tough bosses. Anyone who says life is "just for healing" or "not strong enough" hasn't properly experienced the school.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Life can solo. My Life is L106 and has soloed everything up to the middle of Polaris, which is where he is at the moment.

He's a hitter, or a healer, or both. He has done some serious hitting at the final dungeon in Mirage (where he hasn't quested to, yet). He's been everywhere, not only as a healer but as a strong hitter. I don't have my Darkmoor spell or gear. I used Forest Lord until I was blue in the face. I still do.

My Myth had only ONE aoe. Frog. That's it until the Darkmoor spell (if you manage to get through it). Minions? Please don't make me laugh. Minions are worthless and end up being detrimental to gameplay in the higher levels, besides being a waste of pips. My Frog killed high-level bosses. We're talking every world and every boss. Frog is the meat spell of a Myth.

Each school is designed differently to meet different needs. Buffing up a bit to make a good hit (even with Forest Lord) takes time. Storm may not have to do as much, but then again, they are Storm. Hit hard or go home kinda school.

So, if you want to change Life to be like every other school, perhaps another school is one you should play.