Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

i dont have the olde news quest...?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 12, 2016
So, I'm a level 22, and i realized that I didn't complete the quest to get all the history books from the schools. So I went about things just you know, collecting the books. But when it came to the last book I need to get, which is the one in unicorn way. I cannot enter lady blackhope's tower, which is where the history book for the life school is, isn't it? So I tried to google search why I cannot go into it, and it said I need the 'olde news' quest from sergeant muldoon in order to enter lady blackhope's tower, but, when I went to speak to the sergeant, It says I dont need to? Like he doesn't have a yellow exclamation mark or question mark or anything above him??(neither do and of the other sergeants beside him) What do I do? please help me.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Can you go into Triton Avenue, Fire Cat Ally and Cyclops Lane?

If you can (and I'm guessing that you can since you're level 22 & you got the other books), then you can also enter Lady Blackhope's tower. You finished the Old News quest in order to open up those three streets.

It's stupid advice but ... make sure you're going to the right place. I've been known to struggle with opening a door, panicking, "What's wrong? Why is my key not working?! .... Oh wait, this is my neighbor's house...."

If you're truly at the correct location and still can't get in, you can try porting in to a friend.

Or contact support in case you've run into a bug that is locking you out.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
TheKills on Jun 28, 2017 wrote:
So, I'm a level 22, and i realized that I didn't complete the quest to get all the history books from the schools. So I went about things just you know, collecting the books. But when it came to the last book I need to get, which is the one in unicorn way. I cannot enter lady blackhope's tower, which is where the history book for the life school is, isn't it? So I tried to google search why I cannot go into it, and it said I need the 'olde news' quest from sergeant muldoon in order to enter lady blackhope's tower, but, when I went to speak to the sergeant, It says I dont need to? Like he doesn't have a yellow exclamation mark or question mark or anything above him??(neither do and of the other sergeants beside him) What do I do? please help me.
Check with Headmaster Ambrose. There may be something that was missed. He gives "Sargent's Orders" which will lead you to "Olde News"

Explorer
Jan 27, 2013
Olde news was an earlier storyline quest. You're probably entering the wrong tower for Lady Blackhope.

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
Defeating Lady Blackhope is part of the main quest line, if you're level 22 you had to have done it. Maybe you're just walking into the wrong building, it's the first tower you see there, walk down the street a little bit and look left, that's the tower.