Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Starting myth, but need some advice!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 23, 2017
Starting a myth build, but I really love fire. And I was just wondering what everybody's opinions on maining Myth and secondary Fire? I know about the best secondary school being Life or Ice for myth but I really find those schools boring to use all the time. What are everybody else's opinions on secondary schools for myth besides life and ice?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Myth has a couple of weak spots that you should consider when deciding on a second school. There's also the question of minions, which Myth specializes in, but then using them brings up some issues that you wouldn't need to worry about otherwise.

First: Myth has absolutely NO healing spells. Nothing for 120 levels, and if you're playing with minions you will need to decide if you want/need to heal them or sacrifice them.

Second: Up until level 100, Myth has no strong AoE attacks. That means you will need to take one enemy down at a time; battles are automatically going to last longer because of this. No matter how you look at it, being able to heal yourself is imperative.

What has worked best for me is either Death or Life as a second school. Advantages: both are Spirit schools so you will share the Spirit blades/traps. Life will allow you to heal yourself and, if needed, your minions. (In fact, I strongly urge you to train Life up to at least Sprite for this reason!). Death will heal you a little, and it will give you the Feint - a powerful pop for your single-hit Myth spells.

Because some of the recent crowns gear has mixed Myth with Ice, that is also something you could consider. However, I would argue that using any second school to inflict damage beyond level 50 is just not practical - that includes Death after level 50 or so.

Bottom line: if you think you can hit hard and get out fast, go with Death. If you do that you will not be using minions much (they'll mess up your Feints), just using the Feint to set up potent hits and end the battle ASAP. If you would rather use minions, or if you're not sure you can one-hit and end the battle quickly ... go with Life. Heal yourself, heal your minion, fight a slower but safer battle. Also, do Life up to Satyr if you plan on soloing the game.

Alia Misthaven, 120
Emily Ravencaller, 75

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Myth is a powerful school that is underrated. My Myth did Fire as a secondary school, and it was fun in the beginning, but I decided to buy back all my Fire points and left Myth without a secondary school (which is best).

Myth has the Frog aoe which, honestly, can wipe the enemy off the face of the earth. At level 120, I still use Frog in boss battles and can easily kill a boss and minions. The bad thing about Frog .... you get really sick of looking at it the entire time you are leveling. Frog is your friend. Frog is your lifesaver.

Myth doesn't have healing spells, however, that should not deter you. It is very easy to pack a few Sprite and/or Fairy TC to help you out. There is NO reason to train Life to Satyr, it's a waste of points and unless you have a Life amulet, it's a waste of pips.

Ice used to be my favorite school, but when I started a Myth, it was game over. I love the school. It's powerful, it's supportive to other players (pierce, shatter, cleanse ward), but don't mistake Myth as just a support school. Myth can easily solo worlds and hit with some serious damage.

My suggestion? No need for a secondary school. Use minions in the lower levels, but after Mooshu, minions are pretty much a waste of pips. Learn the school inside and out see how impressive it is for yourself.

Explorer
Jan 22, 2014
I would say train for at least one heal it will help you a lot in those longer battles if you like using minions you probably shouldn't get feint unless you want the minions to mess them up. If you don't want to completely solo myth then I suggest teaming up with someone with powerful spells and they work at the same pace as you. Happy wizarding!

~Natalie level 64
~Natalie level 18

Survivor
Jan 26, 2014
I went with death as my 2nd school but even after getting all of lore's spells she teaches, I find that now in the upper ranks, I very rarely use anything but sprite to self heal.
What I have found is that a pet makes a massive difference to myth, especially if you either try to get 3 slots heal, damage or shield shield in them. I personally find this helps me with the 1 / 2 pip sprite spells and you can use all the good myth spells out there.
If you do invest in jewels, morganith's jewel is asome as lower to mid levels, but I find the dual blades at level 15 to be much better at higher levels.