Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Old cob's prophecy discussion.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 05, 2015
Hi there, wizards of the spiral today I wanted to talk about old cob, first of all old cob is a mysterious creature that guides us through the hive in khrysalis after we free him from his cage. He helps us defeat morganthe and after we do, we go and talk to him once again in bastion where he says "Fly free my children, marry and make war! build fleeting empires and towers of cards and beautiful disasters" then he says "Fly through the spiral, to polaris, empyrea and mirage, to the hidden lands and the broken shores" now this part is with no doubt referring to the new worlds of the spiral, we have Polaris and Mirage now and Empyrea is yet to be released but are "The hidden lands and the broken shores" referring to new worlds? I'm just curious and in my opinion "The hidden lands" might be referring to Darkmoor as an entire world, and the broken shores... might be some other area. I really enjoy storylines I also like indirect statements and KI seems to use a lot of them, I would like to hear everyones ideas.

Thanks,

Kane, Level 111 Prodigious Necromancer

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
General Kai on Jun 19, 2017 wrote:
Hi there, wizards of the spiral today I wanted to talk about old cob, first of all old cob is a mysterious creature that guides us through the hive in khrysalis after we free him from his cage. He helps us defeat morganthe and after we do, we go and talk to him once again in bastion where he says "Fly free my children, marry and make war! build fleeting empires and towers of cards and beautiful disasters" then he says "Fly through the spiral, to polaris, empyrea and mirage, to the hidden lands and the broken shores" now this part is with no doubt referring to the new worlds of the spiral, we have Polaris and Mirage now and Empyrea is yet to be released but are "The hidden lands and the broken shores" referring to new worlds? I'm just curious and in my opinion "The hidden lands" might be referring to Darkmoor as an entire world, and the broken shores... might be some other area. I really enjoy storylines I also like indirect statements and KI seems to use a lot of them, I would like to hear everyones ideas.

Thanks,

Kane, Level 111 Prodigious Necromancer
The Hidden Lands and Broken Shores are worlds, but we just don't know which worlds they actually are.

I see lots of people talk about how Mirage was the Hidden Lands, but that is not true. If Mirage really was the Hidden Lands, don't you think we would have heard it being called that at least ONE TIME in the storyline??? People even think that Empyrea will be the Broken Shores, which is even more not true. The Hidden Lands and Broken Shores statement is exactly the same as how Polaris is called "where land meets sky" and America is called "land of the free".

I think the Hidden Lands could possibly be Darkmoor, but I feel as if Darkmoor is more of a Pirate101 world. I think the Hidden Lands and Broken Shores could be worlds we've never heard of before.

Defender
Mar 04, 2012
Also we might end up in the shadow realm remember eerkala said she thought we would be there I'm not saying it's going to be a world but something tells me it's going to be a big part of the story

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
Broken land correct me if I am wrong is a reference to the valley of death is in Germany (natzi killed millions). It could be possible that emperya would work since empyrean are supposed to be gypsies which where killed by Natzis. In theory emperya does make sense.

Lost lands is a biblical reference to floating gardens of Babilion. That is in turkey also close to the valley of death. It would make sense historically.

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
Lukeskywalker1313 on Jun 19, 2017 wrote:
Broken land correct me if I am wrong is a reference to the valley of death is in Germany (natzi killed millions). It could be possible that emperya would work since empyrean are supposed to be gypsies which where killed by Natzis. In theory emperya does make sense.

Lost lands is a biblical reference to floating gardens of Babilion. That is in turkey also close to the valley of death. It would make sense historically.
what is this lost land you speak of? you mean the hidden shores? (Oh and its Nazi not natzi)

Survivor
Apr 05, 2015
Some people think the hidden lands refer to mirage and the broken shores refer to empyrea but what made me think that the hidden lands and the broken shores are each worlds of their own is because We're used to having 5 worlds each story arch and possibly the five worlds this time are gonna Include the hidden lands and the broken shores in addition to polaris empyrea and mirage. I also remember when jaki the balance scholar mentions a world named "Wallaru" which is most likely going to be a world in the future.

Defender
May 11, 2013
I am just going to point out Grandfather spider Grandmother raven and Baterby(spelled wrong don't care), all have three children. Grandfather spider mentions 5 Locations so there is two children missing or we have been led to believe that there are only three. That being said we fight one of each of his children in each world Rat(Polaris), Scorpion(Mirage), and lastly Bat(Emperya my guess as it makes the most sense). Moving forward The Hidden lands and the Broken shores he has no children left to go there that we know of.

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
A child is not necessary speaking of a person. A child is an concept an idea or a following. Example humans are the children of a church because they follow they're beliefs. Children of cob could be all of the cobal (cabal even sounds like cob aka grand father spider). Again the lore of old cob is little to none so far, as I am assuming it's behind the doors (is it keeping us in or out?) I would expect that we will see at least 5 of old cobs children but who Is to say.