Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 and YouTube

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Hello,

So I was just a little bit confuzzled:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/youtube-monetization-8ad6a42558241722015825f1b3960c59

So there are a number of people that play Wizard101 and put videos about it to YouTube (and KI has their own Wizard101 and KingsIsle YouTube channels).

All of these videos have advertisements on them and I wasn't sure where that money was going/who put them there? Is it going to Youtube, KingsIsle or the Youtuber? Does anyone know?

Sorry, thanks in advance....

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Youtube works off of ad revenue, youtube gets a portion and the creator (person who's channel it is) gets a portion.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2012
It is not YouTube who monetizes the videos.

The person uploading the video has the choice of turning on monetization. If any YouTuber is monetizing their videos (ones that show ads during or before the video) they're breaking the rules and you should report them.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2012
Also, forgot to mention a couple things, KI doesn't get any of the revenue as far as I know.

The money earned from the uploader's video gets the money earned from it, not KI. I may be wrong though.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2017
Little lesson for you, as an educated person.

Let's put YOU in the boots of a person with 1million subs on Youtube that's kid friendly.

First, I need a sponsor, who will let me put ads in my videos for money, Youtube approves of them of course.
So, they pay me for videos with ads, but they take a cut.
Aside from the cut, I have the money.
Since Wizard101 has a father company [Kingisle], I am going to assume that Wizard101 is required to give a cut of their profit to Kingisle for the promotion, as they are the company which owns Wizard101.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Well, I am just lost then because I get ads on the Youtube videos that are like BlazeLifeHammer (and he gets featured quite often in the News Letter, so someone at KI is probably watching.) I just ask because I actually had to unsubscribe from that channel, because it was one of the first to just litterally PUMP the whole video full of ads. Like it was worse than watching the TV.

Do you think that KI has made some deal with them or do you think they let it go, because they figure it's good advertising?

Survivor
Jul 25, 2012
Also forgot to add only report them if they're monetizing a game that doesn't allow it like game

Survivor
Jul 25, 2012
exp613 on Jun 14, 2017 wrote:
Well, I am just lost then because I get ads on the Youtube videos that are like BlazeLifeHammer (and he gets featured quite often in the News Letter, so someone at KI is probably watching.) I just ask because I actually had to unsubscribe from that channel, because it was one of the first to just litterally PUMP the whole video full of ads. Like it was worse than watching the TV.

Do you think that KI has made some deal with them or do you think they let it go, because they figure it's good advertising?
Try and ad blocker, it works great.

If you use chrome, that is or a browser that has extensions.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009