Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

WAY to many limits!!

AuthorMessage
Champion
Feb 06, 2010
I can't catch any fish because my basket if full, I can't sell my fish because I'm too close to the gold limit, I can’t buy anything because my backpack is full, I can't place things in my house because it is full (with all potions maxed and only allowed 1 vault), my shared bank is not full but it will be. I had to buy a house just to stuff all this in!!! I know I'm not the only one who likes to save things (Rare things)!!! This is ludicrous folks something has got to give!! Oh, and TCs are an issue too! Why do useless TCs drop all the time!!??

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Blaze03554 on May 17, 2017 wrote:
I can't catch any fish because my basket if full, I can't sell my fish because I'm too close to the gold limit, I can’t buy anything because my backpack is full, I can't place things in my house because it is full (with all potions maxed and only allowed 1 vault), my shared bank is not full but it will be. I had to buy a house just to stuff all this in!!! I know I'm not the only one who likes to save things (Rare things)!!! This is ludicrous folks something has got to give!! Oh, and TCs are an issue too! Why do useless TCs drop all the time!!??

Each wizard is allowed to have 3 houses without having to buy an elixir. You are allowed to have 1 vault inside and 1 outside. So if you are able to buy another house, that will reduce your gold amount allowing you to sell some of those fish and other items.

Keeping things to a point is ok, but if you have multiple of any item not being used as a decoration, it doesn't seem practical. Rare items don't drop very often but there are things like the Bobble Heads that are of no use other than as a decoration. One of each would be more than enough IMO. The items that are No Auction, I feed to my pets if I can't use it or pass it to one of my other wizards. TCs that can't be sold or traded, I right click to be rid of them.

There are many ways to reduce your gold and keeping a full backpack can cause lag for your wizard. You will also start losing things by keeping it full and if your Shared bank is full.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
DragonLady1818 on May 17, 2017 wrote:
Each wizard is allowed to have 3 houses without having to buy an elixir. You are allowed to have 1 vault inside and 1 outside. So if you are able to buy another house, that will reduce your gold amount allowing you to sell some of those fish and other items.

Keeping things to a point is ok, but if you have multiple of any item not being used as a decoration, it doesn't seem practical. Rare items don't drop very often but there are things like the Bobble Heads that are of no use other than as a decoration. One of each would be more than enough IMO. The items that are No Auction, I feed to my pets if I can't use it or pass it to one of my other wizards. TCs that can't be sold or traded, I right click to be rid of them.

There are many ways to reduce your gold and keeping a full backpack can cause lag for your wizard. You will also start losing things by keeping it full and if your Shared bank is full.
Ahh thank you, and I use all of the methods you have stated. But I'm sure there are easier ways they could have us manage our items. I think what would be good, is if they gave you an option to sell/trash the item as soon as it goes into your inventory (when things drop) on the side for a quick view. It's just too constant and annoying, and trashing TCs just make me want to pull my hair out!! It takes too long!!

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Start hatching pets, great way to get rid of gold lol. Personally I think people over hoard stuff (junk). Look at what you have and think hard about whether you will ever really use it or not.

Other than that your are stuck finding storage space. I have been playing this game since 2009, have 2 accounts with 12 wizards total and am able to manage without overfilling anything, so I don't really get this.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Blaze03554 on May 18, 2017 wrote:
Ahh thank you, and I use all of the methods you have stated. But I'm sure there are easier ways they could have us manage our items. I think what would be good, is if they gave you an option to sell/trash the item as soon as it goes into your inventory (when things drop) on the side for a quick view. It's just too constant and annoying, and trashing TCs just make me want to pull my hair out!! It takes too long!!

KI has given us all the options to use. It is up to each to use it as they choose.

If you want to trash an item that you don't want and is No Auction, you can do that from your backpack. Most of us just feed them to our pets since it can give some pet XP.

As for selling Items, you do have to go to a vendor or the Bazaar. There is no other way to quick sell.

TCs can be a source for additional gold but there are a few that can not be sold or traded. Your only option is to right click to trash.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Jasmine3429 on May 19, 2017 wrote:
Start hatching pets, great way to get rid of gold lol. Personally I think people over hoard stuff (junk). Look at what you have and think hard about whether you will ever really use it or not.

Other than that your are stuck finding storage space. I have been playing this game since 2009, have 2 accounts with 12 wizards total and am able to manage without overfilling anything, so I don't really get this.
I'm glad you can stay organized! But being part of the game since 2009 you should know that there is a lot of rare items that is either very difficult to get, or can't even be acquired anymore. Also some gamers like to collect certain items... (Mounts, pets, wands etc.) there are also those who save things for their appearance!! And in a MMO game, hoarding is somewhat normal.

The best example I have for you would be the seasonal items. Hardcore gamers like to collect all that is offered, which would include seasonal wands, clothing, and pets. So what it boils down to is your gaming play style. I'm happy for you and glad you can manage all your characters, but for other gamers it may be different, and I know there are a TON of people in the same boat as me on this matter. KI might want to consider offering a inventory upgrade for crowns or something.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Blaze03554 on May 20, 2017 wrote:
I'm glad you can stay organized! But being part of the game since 2009 you should know that there is a lot of rare items that is either very difficult to get, or can't even be acquired anymore. Also some gamers like to collect certain items... (Mounts, pets, wands etc.) there are also those who save things for their appearance!! And in a MMO game, hoarding is somewhat normal.

The best example I have for you would be the seasonal items. Hardcore gamers like to collect all that is offered, which would include seasonal wands, clothing, and pets. So what it boils down to is your gaming play style. I'm happy for you and glad you can manage all your characters, but for other gamers it may be different, and I know there are a TON of people in the same boat as me on this matter. KI might want to consider offering a inventory upgrade for crowns or something.

As Jasmine3429, I also have 12 wizards and don't have any problems with overflowing items.

Are you aware that an elixir is available in the crowns shop that will increase the number of items you can place inside or outside a house/castle?. It is the Knick Knack elixir. But be aware that if you use it in an area that you are planting seeds, it can cause some glitches. This elixir is the only possible upgrade for increasing item count.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
DragonLady1818 on May 20, 2017 wrote:
As Jasmine3429, I also have 12 wizards and don't have any problems with overflowing items.

Are you aware that an elixir is available in the crowns shop that will increase the number of items you can place inside or outside a house/castle?. It is the Knick Knack elixir. But be aware that if you use it in an area that you are planting seeds, it can cause some glitches. This elixir is the only possible upgrade for increasing item count.
Again, I am happy for you and Jasmine 3429 for having 12 organized wizards. You have mentioned the elixirs twice, and I am very much aware of them (and I have maxed my main castle out to 350). Some people play different, and enjoy collecting certain items (which causes things to overflow). Some people may go all out when decorating their home(s). This causes players to buy a house just to store things they honestly might need that is rare - but not in a hoarding way.

All that being said, the whole point of this was to acknowledge the fact that there are too many limits - that at times seem unreasonable and conflict one another. That is GREAT that you have no conflicts with this, on all 12 of your wizards!!!

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Blaze03554 on May 21, 2017 wrote:
Again, I am happy for you and Jasmine 3429 for having 12 organized wizards. You have mentioned the elixirs twice, and I am very much aware of them (and I have maxed my main castle out to 350). Some people play different, and enjoy collecting certain items (which causes things to overflow). Some people may go all out when decorating their home(s). This causes players to buy a house just to store things they honestly might need that is rare - but not in a hoarding way.

All that being said, the whole point of this was to acknowledge the fact that there are too many limits - that at times seem unreasonable and conflict one another. That is GREAT that you have no conflicts with this, on all 12 of your wizards!!!

Be that as it may, the more items they allow us to store, the slower the game gets. Where is your actual issue? You can certainly buy multiple houses on each wizard and now there are gear vaults and seed vaults and even jewel vaults. Personally I love mannequins as both storage and decoration.

What Items in particular are you having an issue with?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Blaze03554 on May 21, 2017 wrote:

You also need to understand that KI sets limits based on their servers. When you have millions of players, you can only allot so much space per wizard per house, bank and shared bank along with the vaults.

No, there really isn't too many limits considering this is a game. Just think what it would be like if the game had the same kinds of limits we have in REAL LIFE. But, that is why so many of us love this game. It is the GET AWAY from real life that doesn't cost an arm or leg to relax and have some fun.

I think for the most part, KI has done really well in providing most of the space we need even when we keep asking for more. At some Point, KI has to say enough is enough for now. Maybe in the future we will have more but for now, we deal with what we have.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Every time we do get more space (remember the old TC limit), we fill that up and immediately ask for more, so where would it stop?

Explorer
Oct 02, 2012
If your reagents are not full, you can waste gold at the bazaar buying lots of them. If you are a high level gardener, you can waste gold buy buying some of those gardening spells in Khrysalis. Crafting recipes is another way to spend it. Good luck

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Okay, this is great that we are having a discussion on this matter, but I think I will only contribute one more time.

Its fine to have limits, but when you have a limit on almost everything, it gets to be quite aggravating. If not a limit extension, then maybe an easier way to organize it for other players. A notification each time you’re getting close to max, or like I said earlier, a way to delete items on the side of the screen (just like you can equip on the side of the screen).

Again, I'm glad we are all sharing our opinions, but I believe I made my point clear. Also, I can always get rid of my gold in a second, but the fact that there is a limit on it (just like everything else) is frustrating; and that I HAVE to spend it just to make room to sell fish.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Jasmine3429 on May 22, 2017 wrote:
Be that as it may, the more items they allow us to store, the slower the game gets. Where is your actual issue? You can certainly buy multiple houses on each wizard and now there are gear vaults and seed vaults and even jewel vaults. Personally I love mannequins as both storage and decoration.

What Items in particular are you having an issue with?
My "Item in particular" right now is selling fish, later it might be something else. Not all games/computers run slower or lag, and I usually stay in normal or perfect realms.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Blaze03554 on May 27, 2017 wrote:
My "Item in particular" right now is selling fish, later it might be something else. Not all games/computers run slower or lag, and I usually stay in normal or perfect realms.

Keep in mind that Wiz has to track every item on every wizard and think about the database that entrails. Having everything be unlimited is just not realistic and would certainly impact the game play. Also, as I said, every time a limit is raised we promptly fill that one up also.

As for the messages, YES you should get a prompt every time, not just the first time you reach a limit, such as back pack space, which i believe only tells you once that you are reaching the limit.

A way to easily trash stuff besides gear would be helpful also. Right clicking tcs or feeding seeds to pets one at a time is unduly time consuming.