Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Side or Main quest

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 30, 2011
I think I already saw a post about this. But I just want to ask. How can you tell what a main and a side quest is if its already in your current quests? When I was questing on my 104 Myth and I asked my friend who was helping me. He told me you can't. You just have to pick the right one. I just want to figure out what quests I have is the main one so I can continue questing. If it helps, I can always name the quests I have now.

1. More Crazy Cats (Marleybone,Hyde Park)
2. When it rains... (Marleybone, Hyde Park)
3. A Guide (Marleybone, Chelsea Court)
4. Time to Leave (Wysteria,Tanglewood Way)

But its different for all my other wizards since they are all different levels.
All I want to know is how can you tell the difference when they are already in your current quests. Hopefully someone can help me.

Thanks

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
No way to tell just by looking, you can look up the quests on the Wiki if you would like. Would be nice if they could implement something like Pirate101 has to tell main quest.

Defender
Dec 18, 2010
What I usually do is look at the quest dialogue. If you've been paying attention to the storyline, and the dialogue kinda goes with whatever is going on in the main storyline, then you probably have the right one. (Unless you're a horrible guesser like I tend to be lol)

Also, it's not the wysteria quest, cause that whole world is basically a basket full of side quests.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
many of us wish there was a designation in the Quest Log as far as what is main or side; the only thing I can suggest is to check wizard wiki/central and look up the quest name to see which is a main. I agree, should be a way to tell while in game. unless there is way that I don't know about; any other wiz out there know?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Among the quests you listed, the main quest is "A Guide...."

Duelist101 is probably one of the most helpful sites out there for us wizards. He's listed every single main quest for every single world, from Wizard City to Mirage.

This is his first guide to main quest lines, it will get you all the way through Dragonspyre.

http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/quest-guides/main-quest-line-in-all-the-worlds-of-the-spiral/

Once you get to the bottom of the list (finish Dragonspyre), there's a link to the next arc of worlds and main quest lines.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Jul 30, 2011
Thank you. At least now I know which quest I should be working on to level up. Also I'll check out that site that you posted to see all the main quests. That way I can get my other wizards up there as well. Thanks again.