Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Drum Jungle Lag

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 21, 2017
So I just got to Drum Jungle on my Storm character, and for some reason there is a lot of lag. I have a pretty powerful PC, and all other areas run smoothly except for Drum Jungle. There is usually a huge frame rate drop almost every time someone is drawing the symbol to cast the spell, and also sometimes when an attack is about to hit. Also every once in a while there will be a frame rate drop while I am just walking around. I don't know the cause of it, it is only when I am in the primary part of Drum Jungle (inside of buildings are fine.)

Thanks for the help,

Alexander Legendstrider
Boris Starforge
Charles Legendstrider
Wolf Starforge

Survivor
Jan 21, 2017
Can anyone help me? I am trying to progress through Drum Jungle but its kind of hard when I lag spike into a battle everytime I walk around.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
That does sound strange. Customer support will most likely recommend you first turn off quest helper, lower your resolution, set your graphics detail to low, and turn off full screen. If the lag still persists, the next recommendation is to move to a lower populated realm.

Outside of these recommendations you can also try these steps:

1) Make sure any un-needed background applications are not running. Having multiple applications running at once can use up bandwidth, and process usage on your computer.

2) Maybe you need a comptuer clean-up (i.e. run a system defrag, delete some old programs &/or files, etc.)

3) Another thing to check on is your Internet connection. Slower speeds will result in choppier game play.

4) Verify that your graphics cards are in line with the system requirement and your drivers are up to date.

If none of these work, please contact Customer Support, refer to this thread, and let them know you've already taken all the above steps.

Email: support@wizard101.com
Web: https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game

Explorer
May 25, 2016
That kinda sounds like that one spot in Wintertusk near Grandmother Raven's tree. To the left of the tree before u go on the ramp where that sign is with the weird language on it is a very laggy spot with no known reason why.

I agree with Dworgyn though about changing realms. I quest in Kraken realm and that seems to help a lot!

Survivor
Jan 21, 2017
Thank you so much! I will try these when I get home today.

Survivor
Jan 21, 2017
UPDATE: I got home, turned off quest helper, rebooted the game, then turned quest helper back on again. Now it runs super smooth with no/ minimal lag. Thanks a lot!