Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

companions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 25, 2015
We should be able to use companions in wiz which if you don't know are like much more powerful minions that you can control based off of shadow spells. They have there own spell deck based off of the school, type and level.All 3 companions would have an innate shadow pip chance of 10%. These companions can have 5 copies of each spell and 70 spells in deck.These companions cannot use other Shadow School Spells (Shrike, Seraph, and Sentinel) These minions can use enchantments (cloak, colossal, extraordinary, etc.) Once their main deck is exhausted, they will automatically use a moon version of reshuffle when they reach 3 pips.
strike type companions
Rank 14
Health: 3,000
100% Power Pip Percentage
70% Damage boost:
35% to all schools Resist:
50% to all schools Pierce:
30% block
50% critical to all schools
Starts with: 2 Power Pips + 1 regular pip
Outgoing Heal Boost: -75%
As you can see strike minions are made for hitting.You can use 2 modes on all of the companion types and this one has single mode which is buffing up and then hitting and spam mode which is spamming low pip hits or single blades then mid pip hits

Sentinel type companions
Rank 14
Health: 7,000
Power Pip Percentage: 100%
Damage Boost: 0%
Resist: 85% to all schools
Pierce: 0%
0% critical/50% block
Starts with 2 Power Pips + 1 regular pip
Stun Resist: 80%

The modes are tank which is spamming shields dispels and debuffs and support which is traps and blades

Seraph type companions
Rank 14
Health: 5,500
Power Pip Percentage: 100%
Damage boost: 0%
Resist: 55% to all schools
Pierce: 0%
Critical/Block percentage: 50% critical/50% block to all schools
Starts with: 2 Power Pips + 1 regular pip
Outgoing Heal Boost: 140%

This companions modes are like the strikes mode,spam heals or charge up for a big heal

Those are the stats of the max level companions but they will still be shadow based at all levels
You get companions from quests buying them with gold or crowns or leveling up you can you all of your companions at once and even if there aren't seemingly in the battle they still cast spells even if you cant see them in the fight from not having enough space

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
This is not now, nor will it ever be, Pirates. We have minions and there are henchmen available for crowns. There is no need for this addition and I honestly don't see KI doing this for just those reasons. Sorry

Survivor
Dec 25, 2015
RavenLady777 on Apr 1, 2017 wrote:
This is not now, nor will it ever be, Pirates. We have minions and there are henchmen available for crowns. There is no need for this addition and I honestly don't see KI doing this for just those reasons. Sorry
The minions and henchman are worthless! would you rather have extra players?(companions) or a way to spend pips occupy space and waste traps?(minions/henchman)and i never said this was pirate101 although i would love a crossover(make it happen KI)

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
There is no practicality to companions in wizard as minions play the same role here in wiz as they do pirate the only difference is you can control them in pirate and they are optional in wizard

Survivor
Dec 25, 2015
The Wyrm on Apr 3, 2017 wrote:
There is no practicality to companions in wizard as minions play the same role here in wiz as they do pirate the only difference is you can control them in pirate and they are optional in wizard
(sigh) read my above post

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
kingme655 on Apr 3, 2017 wrote:
(sigh) read my above post
So basically your asking for controllable minions? which might not be that bad of an idea but your original post was confusing and the "companions" are little OP from what i gather

Hero
May 02, 2009
I disagree about minions and henchmen being worthless. In the right set of circumstances they definitely can be useful, and while yes they do have attacks of their own that use traps, in some battles that's not necessarily a bad thing. For example, if you're having trouble finding attacks or buffs your minion/henchman can be laying on some damage while you look. Not only that but as far as Henchmen go some have their own rather unique quirks like Salvus (lv.50 life) and Jabari Longspear (lv.70 life) for example who rarely attack and focus more on healing than anything else. If they don't fit into your specific playstyle then that's fine, but I still disagree about them being worthless, especially since you're gonna have those times where no human players are around to help you out.

Also, technically there already exists a cross-over between the two games in the form of the 5 boxes event, specifically in the zafaria telegraph box.

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
Take it from me who have quested solo on all my chars almost never using team up other then a few exceptions and I find minions are completely Useless. Henchmen are useful however there taxing in my opinion should be for gold to help younger audiences. Your idea is to op. Pirate101 is pirate101 despite I love it, I hate wizard to die the same way pirate101 did. That main reason not to put companions in game.

Lvl 110 death

105 fire

103 storm

68 ice