Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Boosters are ruining pvp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 27, 2010
I have seen this subject many times and have yet to seen a direct answer. The system in player vs player is fallen short to people cheating the system by getting separate accounts to lose to their wizard to sweep the leaderboards. This has got me and many people fed up about this. Is it something that can't be dealt with, or some how KI has yet to notice. I would love to finally get answers on this matter.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2016
Perhaps make it to where you can only Battle the same person in ranked PvP a certain amount of times per day. Thats the only idea I could come up with.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
I admit I boost. I really don't care about leaderboards to be honest. I just play ranked matches to get commander or warlord then stop. I even get losses on them too if the rank starts getting too high. I love the gear and just can not have enough wizards. I don't think there is anything wrong with it as long as you are not breaking any code of conduct, like account sharing, bad words, ect. I have 5 memberships, and 3 non memberships. They are all my own. I buy the crowns on the non memberships to buy the 24 hour pvp one day passes, and have some fun on the game.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Wolf, you are part of the problem, not the Solution.

Notice there is barely a Fraction of people that pvp these days?

No one likes a cheater, sorry.

Without paying players, this game will Die.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
TheBoySurvivor on Mar 18, 2017 wrote:
Perhaps make it to where you can only Battle the same person in ranked PvP a certain amount of times per day. Thats the only idea I could come up with.
What I came up with some time ago was to force a player to be matched with someone other than their previous opponent, and strongly favour players who haven't played against them in the last hour.

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
Make boosting completley dead by making it illegal in pvp and being able to report after a pvp match. There will be no more boosters ever again :D

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
DevinSkullStone on Apr 14, 2017 wrote:
Make boosting completley dead by making it illegal in pvp and being able to report after a pvp match. There will be no more boosters ever again :D
You can't prove boosting, you may suspect they are but you, personally, have no proof - reporting will soon be abused.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2011
Yeh I have seen Low level Boosted, with treasure Cards just Destroy kids that cant afford to Pay to Win. PVP is suppose to be about your Skill vs there Skill, Not your Skill vs there Money.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
anecorbie on Apr 15, 2017 wrote:
You can't prove boosting, you may suspect they are but you, personally, have no proof - reporting will soon be abused.
Odds are, if you're in a random PvP match, you are not boosting. The specific act of boosting requires the player to avoid random PvP matches at all costs. Now you may end up fighting a warlord who got there by boosting, which is something different.

KI has got to address this issue. There are a lot of players, most of whom have memberships and purchase crowns, including myself, who are watching key aspects of the game disintegrate into flotsam and jetsam, and frankly, when the time rolls around to renew, I'm not certain many of us will not simply say "Ya know, I'm good, no more membership for me."