Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Secondary schools?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 04, 2011
I am a level 33 storm wizard. I just bought back all of my training points for the third time. I originally trained in balance, then myth, then life. I have yet to find a helpful school. A lot of people advice saving your training points for Sun, moon and star spells, but I'd like to have a secondary school now. Something that storm lacks is damage to all enemies. What school will be most helpful in the long run?

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I like the opposite of the main school.

Everyone will have different ideas but I think it is good to have the thing you lack, as your secondary school.

For storm since it fizzles a lot maybe something that doesn't fizzle as often. Maybe a death school.
I also like to train in Life up until the sprite spell.

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
Personally I have found for that its better to train for specific spells than to truly have a secondary school.

First I would plan on having at least 3-4 training points for sun and star spells when you hit Celestia the damage enchants and aura spells are extremely useful as you move forward. You definitely want amplify, fortify and vengeance auras as soon as possible, as well as all the sun spells in the Strong line of spells.

Some spells to shoot for in the various schools
Satyr - life school
reshuffle - balance
elemental/spirit blade and trap spells - balance
feint - death
tower shield - ice

Personally as a storm wizard I would look for a pet that has energizer battery as its card(s) and/or learn death spells first (and get a death mastery amulet if possible).

Also, unsure why you say you lack AOE with tempest and storm lord available. Tempest with a few blades is pretty nasty spell especially when you add an enchant to it.

Survivor
May 13, 2010
I think that you should save up your training points for and spells. You should also get the spells from Niles the tree in the Krokosphinx

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
Being a storm I suggest you get a life mastery amulet and going into life. I don't go into life because my main wizard is an ice so I go into death for feint.

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
Sabrina StormSling... on Feb 5, 2017 wrote:
I am a level 33 storm wizard. I just bought back all of my training points for the third time. I originally trained in balance, then myth, then life. I have yet to find a helpful school. A lot of people advice saving your training points for Sun, moon and star spells, but I'd like to have a secondary school now. Something that storm lacks is damage to all enemies. What school will be most helpful in the long run?
Like Goldenoak stated, it's best to train for specific spells rather than having an actual secondary school. What Storm lacks is a reliable heal, not AoE hits—storm gets its first AoE at lvl 28 and gets more AoE spells later on. Training Satyr is a good choice. You might also want to train Ice up to Tower Shield and Elemental Blade.

You won't be using your secondary school's hit to deal lots of damage; you can easily deal far more damage with your original school. I recommend spending most of your training points on Sun and Star school spells.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I personally am not fond of (death school) feint. I used it once, but I usually find I can beat enemies without it. I also don't have the pips for it very often. I guess I haven't gotten the hang of feint yet.
I also was told to save up as many training points if not all, as I could. But I'm not that impressed with star and sun spells yet. I don't want to have to plan strategy to that extent. I just want to clobber them.

I might eventually get the hang of star and sun as I got the hang of blading. So I am waiting until I figure out what I want to do. If something is urged on me too hard it makes me nervous and then I can't think. When I can't think I can't decide. So now I am just waiting until I know what I want. I know I might need the star and sun help later so I haven't spent them on other spells yet.

Besides for other spells there are gems, pets, and gear with spell cards from other schools on them.

I think it will work out Ok no matter what you decide. If you pick wrong there is always a buy back day eventually. Then you can erase what you spent your training points on and pick again.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
After level 50, no second school is of any help in terms of damage. Want you want to do is think in terms of helping you make the most of Storm.

Storm is powerful, but they have the lowest health of all the schools and no healing spells until level 75, minimum. Therefore when playing storm, you have to choose between hard and fast hits (buff your damage and accuracy stats), or stay alive and wear the enemy down with lower hits while healing yourself.

If you want high damage, I'd suggest Death up to Feint. Only use the Feints, and know that doing so puts you at greater risk because Feint comes with a price. Using this strategy works best if you quest with a partner or as part of a team.

If you are mostly going to solo, then you need to stay alive. I'd suggest training Life and using a mastery amulet. Train up to Satyr and use the healing spells to top up your health while setting up a slower hit. This is how I soloed my storm, who is currently finishing Azteca at level 91. The Life Mastery amulet will go on sale during March, just in time for St. Patrick's day.

No matter which strategy you choose, train Balance Elemental blades and traps from Niles, the Balance tree on the Krokosphinx Island. They will help you boost your damage. Also, you should boost your accuracy as much as you can. And finally, try to get a pet that has 'may cast' healing talents, or damage/accuracy boosts. Ideally, getting both on the same pet works best, but that requires many efforts at hatching and training.

If you're level 33, you should have learned Tempest at the end of Krokotopia, which is an X-pip AoE spell. It's very versatile, capable of hitting for as low as 80 with just one pip and as high as 1120 on all enemies (at 14 pips). And that's without any buffs. Once you start adding blades and traps? Watch out!

Alia Misthaven
Sierra Stormcaller