Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

B.O.X.E.S. plot contradiction?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 19, 2015
So, I posted this over in the MooShu board since it deals with that particular box, but it's gotten a disappointingly small number of views, so I'll try here instead.

-Small spoilers ahead-

As I was playing though the MooShu box, something stuck out to me in the storyline as being odd. I know Gamma is trying to recruit a new death professor after Malistaire's departure and winds up hiring Dworgyn, but how is this possible? If Malistaire dropped the Death school into Nightside when he left, then how could Dworgyn have possibly been in the fallen school with no idea what had happened? Wouldn't he have been hired after the death school fell, and thus be unable to even get inside?

Is this an oversight, or am I missing something important that might explain this? It has been a while since I've played through Wizard City's main quests after all.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2010
Well, who said he dropped the death school in Night side yet? This could be the time between Malistaire leaving and Dworgyn replacing him, Dworgyn walks into the school, Mali drops it in Nightside, Dworgyn does not notice. This timeline would make sense.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2015
That's a possibility, I had thought that could be the case, but I had the impression he dropped it when he initially left. Does it say specifically anywhere in gamea if Mali dropped the school when he initially left or when he returned?

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Wesa727 on Jan 24, 2017 wrote:
That's a possibility, I had thought that could be the case, but I had the impression he dropped it when he initially left. Does it say specifically anywhere in gamea if Mali dropped the school when he initially left or when he returned?
I can't honestly say I remember the quest dialogue for the "The Dark of Nightshade" or "The Sixth School" quests, which is where the story should be. It's not on wizard101central.com, and I couldn't find it by searching.

But if what you believe is true, then the lost continuity would have been exposed when we did the quests "The Dark of Nightshade" and "The Sixth School", long before the Five B.O.X.E.S. ever came along.

There has to be a part of the story you're remembering incorrectly.

To me, if there's any lack of continuity, it's the fact that the Five B.O.X.E.S. took us back in time and none of the professors that we helped recognized us when we got started in Ravenwood, not even Gamma who needed Professor Ambrose to tell him who we were in the beginning tutorial. Unless it was like some sort of "Twice in a Lifetime" deal where when we went back we didn't actually look like ourselves, or maybe Merle Ambrose has some sort of "Men in Black" pen that erases certain memories.

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
its possible mali dropped the school after Dworgyn was hired

Hero
May 02, 2009
There's no plot contradiction there. When you meet Dworgyn for the first time he states that he didn't know that the Death School had dropped into Nightside. Going by that it means that the school was dropped some time after Dworgyn took over as the Death Professor.