Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

castle tours

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 25, 2011
I read in here that you were trying to make castle tours better by not showing low rank castles that much. But when you add your castle to the tour for the first time is not ranked at all. So does this mean that it wont show on the castle tours that much? Is this the reason why I only have 3 visitors? I worked so hard on my all my Castles and not like almost all the castles shown on the tour, i actually built mine. Meaning that i had to craft every piece i used to build it. Then there is all the decorations put in the Castle and around the lot. I don't think is fair that almost all of the houses shown of the Castle Tours being ranked are houses that are already made from bundles or bought in the crown shop. I wish there was a section just for the Avalon Castle plots, where you know that people spent a lot of time actually building something. I mean please don't get me wrong, all of you who spend a lot of time decorating your houses, I seen houses that are decorated very nicely and it had given me ideas on how to decorate better. But when i took the tour to see other Castles, i did not see any. wait no, i saw only 2 and it was because i went to the top decorated section and scrolled until i saw an Avalon Castle plots to see them. To top it off, one of my friends who i don't have as a friend on Wizard, took the tour so she can see and rank my castle said that my castle did not show at all. Like me when i took the tour, all she saw was again, castles and houses from bundles and houses you buy in the crown shop, that were not even decorated. And like me she spend 20 taking the tour for nothing. How are people supposed to rank my castle or other peoples hard work if it doesn't show. I don't mean to offend anyone with this post, specially if you have a house from a bundle and worked hard decorating it.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
First off, it doesn't matter if you have a house from a bundle or not. It doesn't matter how well your house is decorated (or in most cases I see, not decorated), visiting houses are totally RANDOM. There isn't a list where you can visit and rate them.

If you specifically want to visit houses on the top rank tour or visit your friend's house, you WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RANK THEM. The ranking system is supposed to be accomplished by visiting random houses that are (1) listed within 24 hours, or (2) are still there after 24 hours, up to 60 days. This could mean more than ONE MILLION or more houses!

I have wonderfully decorated houses that are never ranked. I take them off after 24 hours and relist them again and again if I want to try and rank them. Most of the ranked houses are junk (not decorated/dumping grounds).

It's totally random what happens to your decorated houses. Beautifully decorated houses may never make the list and are stuck in an invisible lala land for the next 60 days while undecorated houses can make the top ranks.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2011
BrynnerOfReign on Jan 21, 2017 wrote:
First off, it doesn't matter if you have a house from a bundle or not. It doesn't matter how well your house is decorated (or in most cases I see, not decorated), visiting houses are totally RANDOM. There isn't a list where you can visit and rate them.

If you specifically want to visit houses on the top rank tour or visit your friend's house, you WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RANK THEM. The ranking system is supposed to be accomplished by visiting random houses that are (1) listed within 24 hours, or (2) are still there after 24 hours, up to 60 days. This could mean more than ONE MILLION or more houses!

I have wonderfully decorated houses that are never ranked. I take them off after 24 hours and relist them again and again if I want to try and rank them. Most of the ranked houses are junk (not decorated/dumping grounds).

It's totally random what happens to your decorated houses. Beautifully decorated houses may never make the list and are stuck in an invisible lala land for the next 60 days while undecorated houses can make the top ranks.
Wow when you put it that way, it makes total sense why i only had 4 visitors. But you are right, there are so many people that play this game, and i bet half of those players have castles on the tour. Its too bad that we won't be able to see all the beautiful decorated houses out there. And a lot of those houses have taught me a few things about decorating my own house.

By the way i want to thank you. I took your advice and I relist my castle on a different category. This time i list it in the Magical category, since it has a lot of castle magic things in there. I actually got 12 visitors yay! I am happy with that since its a lot more than what i got the first time.