Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shadow Spells always fizzle when manipulated

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
When a wizard has a mantle, which reduces accuracy, that wizard still has a chance of casting the spell he chooses. But when it comes to School spells, I've noticed they ALWAYS fizzle, when their accuracy is manipulated by mantles, regardless of the percentage.

Nowadays, school spells aren't used very often. But if possibly there are new additions, which people may find useful, it'd be good to have the chance to cast them even with decreased accuracy, because as of now it's not possible. I've not seen even one time a person has managed to cast a Shrike for example, when having a accuracy decreasing charm on himself...Since the last update on the shadow creatures they're more useful to use. They do have 100% accuracy for cast but will always be fizzled if it becomes lower.. A fizzle could mean the loss of a PvP match, if the person uses the shadow creature strategy. A loss to a definite fizzle isn't satisfying.

It's very discouraging to use spells, which you know you're gonna fizzle easily if a person manipulates their accuracy.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
I've noticed that too especially with Loremaster. However I haven't conducted any serious testing so for now it's anecdotal.