Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice and Balance rule 1 vs 1 Pvp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
With Ice and Balance ruling 1 vs 1 Pvp right now, why do other schools continue to take beatings by them? I would like to see Ice and Balance battle each other only in the not too far future. Maybe then KI would consider helping some other schools with similar spells. There is not much chance for a " Storm " wiz at all these days against a Ice or Balance 1 vs 1. Balance spams Loremaster which is way overpowered compared to other 4 pip spells. Then that Gaze spell. lol. Are you kidding me with that spell? No other school has a " Double Hit " spell. Now look at Ice with Abominable Weaver spell. Another huge joke of a spell. It does high damage and even worse yet places a - 75 Tower shield. That was done mainly to protect Ice against Balance wizards. No other school gets a - 75 Tower shield. I would like KI to explain why they did this? It all goes back to " Avalon " world. When i saw the crafted gear in Avalon, " level 74 crafted gear " i knew it was all over for me on my storm wiz. When i saw the Ice Crafted gear back then, and it had a " extra " 13 resist on it for storm, and fire, i thought you got to be kidding? It already had 13 universal resist on it. No other school crafted gear back then gave extra resist against 2 other schools. I knew right then someone was tired of losing to storm, and fire wizards. Someone within the game decided to change up ice to control pvp. Now anyone who plays this game probably knows this is true, but that's not the issue at hand here. The issue is why would KI allow anyone to make a move that would over power any one school? Now that is something that will never be made known. I doubt they will even post this. I want to know why. That move compromised the integrity of the game. Now look at Balance. lol. I battle them so much in the tourneys. So many balance wiz in the tourneys. XD The reason why is their spells that's why! They take my pips with mana burn. I can't use a " Aura " or they use Super Nova on me. lol Now why would i not be able to use my Aura? I can't take the balance wiz pips. I can't take the balance wiz Aura. And i don't have a " Double " hit like Gaze of fate. Who would write such spells into the game? More importantly who would allow such spells to be in the game? Especially why would they be allowed in Pvp? It makes no sense at all. The only conclusion is they simply don't care whether or not pvp is fair. The final insult was cutting " Critical " to half damage in Pvp. This was the only chance a high critical Storm wiz had against Balance and Ice. Before the half cut to critical, the entire critical was changed up already. It became random whether you blocked or didnt block. That's another issue entirely. I never seem to land a critical against a Balance or Ice wiz. They land on me all the time though even though i'm using high block with over 400. Their crit is not as high as mine, block is about the same so why?

Survivor
Oct 17, 2011
Oh my god, I totally agree, and with the new critical system it's even worse. Storm is a joke in PVP now. I hate it, and I love my storm. All of these need to be fixed.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
wiz247511 on Oct 7, 2016 wrote:
With Ice and Balance ruling 1 vs 1 Pvp right now, why do other schools continue to take beatings by them? I would like to see Ice and Balance battle each other only in the not too far future. Maybe then KI would consider helping some other schools with similar spells. There is not much chance for a " Storm " wiz at all these days against a Ice or Balance 1 vs 1. Balance spams Loremaster which is way overpowered compared to other 4 pip spells. Then that Gaze spell. lol. Are you kidding me with that spell? No other school has a " Double Hit " spell. Now look at Ice with Abominable Weaver spell. Another huge joke of a spell. It does high damage and even worse yet places a - 75 Tower shield. That was done mainly to protect Ice against Balance wizards. No other school gets a - 75 Tower shield. I would like KI to explain why they did this? It all goes back to " Avalon " world. When i saw the crafted gear in Avalon, " level 74 crafted gear " i knew it was all over for me on my storm wiz. When i saw the Ice Crafted gear back then, and it had a " extra " 13 resist on it for storm, and fire, i thought you got to be kidding? It already had 13 universal resist on it. No other school crafted gear back then gave extra resist against 2 other schools. I knew right then someone was tired of losing to storm, and fire wizards. Someone within the game decided to change up ice to control pvp. Now anyone who plays this game probably knows this is true, but that's not the issue at hand here. The issue is why would KI allow anyone to make a move that would over power any one school? Now that is something that will never be made known. I doubt they will even post this. I want to know why. That move compromised the integrity of the game. Now look at Balance. lol. I battle them so much in the tourneys. So many balance wiz in the tourneys. XD The reason why is their spells that's why! They take my pips with mana burn. I can't use a " Aura " or they use Super Nova on me. lol Now why would i not be able to use my Aura? I can't take the balance wiz pips. I can't take the balance wiz Aura. And i don't have a " Double " hit like Gaze of fate. Who would write such spells into the game? More importantly who would allow such spells to be in the game? Especially why would they be allowed in Pvp? It makes no sense at all. The only conclusion is they simply don't care whether or not pvp is fair. The final insult was cutting " Critical " to half damage in Pvp. This was the only chance a high critical Storm wiz had against Balance and Ice. Before the half cut to critical, the entire critical was changed up already. It became random whether you blocked or didnt block. That's another issue entirely. I never seem to land a critical against a Balance or Ice wiz. They land on me all the time though even though i'm using high block with over 400. Their crit is not as high as mine, block is about the same so why?
disagree

ice/life are strong because rules pvp (I do agree) but disagree do not rules pvp (maybe ice would) I think be impossible I am ice (never win on ice hate using offense gear) defeat ice to quickly mostly balance (always get right damage they want) others players do not want when balance cast fate of glaze spell mostly annoying!

I am doing a wizard101 rio Olympic Tournament (SO, any school match bracket) max level wizard watching you in rank pvp (if are level 110) only for level 110

so, making this who is truly best school at pvp!

so, far on mine tournament bracket list

(school of ice just took the lead)
behind school of storm

school not doing well on bracket list school of fire (not haven't got a win yet in mine bracket tournament list) so, have second chance to win from "GROUP B" in a LOSTS match

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
garrett9939 on Oct 16, 2016 wrote:
Oh my god, I totally agree, and with the new critical system it's even worse. Storm is a joke in PVP now. I hate it, and I love my storm. All of these need to be fixed.
most people hate storm (hate them) for having higher stat (always get more critical/armor pierce) never Fizzle get higher level!

lol least able beat one storm messing round khrysails to see how close I was with ice immunity on ice wizard to make others school jealous but was using high critical gear when saw the storm (mine ice had higher critical them him) when saw him doing Radiance Reborn in Khrysails

mostly funny when do pvp (when using immunity) they go: "WHAT " immune..!? xD

Explorer
Feb 23, 2012
yeah, i agree its come to the point where it doesn't matter if your first or second, or put all your hard work to achieve your best stats.

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
This guy's forum was really intriguing and backed up the post with so many points. This made me clap when i read the whole thing it is really good and not a trash thread that says "Balance and ice 2 op nerf now kingsisle or i quit", I totally agree with you. Storm would be entirely fixed and totally on par if its critical went like this

450 critical block lets say 450 critical block = 60% chance to block criticals (i know thats not true im too lazy to search up the stats)

Storm has 550 critical chance to hit (lets say 550 is 100% chance)
100% vs 60%
Subtract 100% from 60%. It makes up 40%. That means storm critical has a 40% chance to hit.
This would entirely reramp storm on par since your a storm student.

Explorer
Feb 23, 2012
DevinSkullStone on Nov 26, 2016 wrote:
This guy's forum was really intriguing and backed up the post with so many points. This made me clap when i read the whole thing it is really good and not a trash thread that says "Balance and ice 2 op nerf now kingsisle or i quit", I totally agree with you. Storm would be entirely fixed and totally on par if its critical went like this

450 critical block lets say 450 critical block = 60% chance to block criticals (i know thats not true im too lazy to search up the stats)

Storm has 550 critical chance to hit (lets say 550 is 100% chance)
100% vs 60%
Subtract 100% from 60%. It makes up 40%. That means storm critical has a 40% chance to hit.
This would entirely reramp storm on par since your a storm student.
it actually used to work like this. which was way better in my opinion.