Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Choose Defeat Destination?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
I wish you could set the destination you are teleported to when you are defeated. This would be pretty useful.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
It could be useful but I feel that the destination you are sent after being defeated is there as sort of like a punishment and I think it would make the most sense for it to send you to the last world commons you had been to.

Survivor
Feb 29, 2012
This is why they have the ability to set marks. So the next time you hop into battle, make sure you mark before you join

- Luke IceBreath Lvl 110 Thaumaturge

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Tmali on Sep 21, 2016 wrote:
This is why they have the ability to set marks. So the next time you hop into battle, make sure you mark before you join

- Luke IceBreath Lvl 110 Thaumaturge
That would be a lot of marking.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
frostednutella on Sep 20, 2016 wrote:
It could be useful but I feel that the destination you are sent after being defeated is there as sort of like a punishment and I think it would make the most sense for it to send you to the last world commons you had been to.
A punishment for losing? If that's true, that would be kind of stupid. It's like punishing someone for tripping and hitting their head.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
It's not punishment for being defeated, it's merely the consequence of playing poorly or making bad decisions. Most bad decisions have consequences; tripping and falling is usually the consequence of not paying attention (barring medical conditions etc. . .)

Eliminating consequences for all bad play choices does not make the game more fun. It just allows you to not actually play the game - strategy and organization are significantly important parts of this game.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I don't see how it's a punishment at all. The game sends you back to the commons safe area of the world you are in. It makes perfect sense, it's where the minigame sigils are to refill potions if needed and nothing can attack you. As others have said, mark your locations. When you are entering a dungeon battle that will take a lot of travel if you die and have to recall, mark a spot before battle.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Fable Finder on Sep 20, 2016 wrote:
I wish you could set the destination you are teleported to when you are defeated. This would be pretty useful.
you're sent back to the safest spot in the world you're in. Allowing you to set it to somewhere else has the potential of allowing you to set it where you'd instantly be in another battle.

Which is fine for a game mostly played by adults.

Not fine for a game where a large number of the players are little kids who wouldn't be able to deal with that.