Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Camera Issues

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Am I the only one, who at random points in combat, the camera will randomly move to a different view? Most of the time this happens in Wizard City, particularly on Triton Avenue, and it usually moves just above my character's head facing forwards, like when walking. But it happens completely randomly, and adds nothing to the battle, so if this is an added feature then I don't see the point. If it's a glitch, then I'd like to know what's causing it if it's a problem or my end, or for someone at KI to fix it.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Interesting. Do you have a way of recreating it? Are there certain spells that cause this to happen?

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Dworgyn on Sep 6, 2016 wrote:
Interesting. Do you have a way of recreating it? Are there certain spells that cause this to happen?
The most notable times I remember are still in the card choosing interface, and usually on my level 15 Ice and Death. It doesn't tend to move much more than intended during the spell animations as the camera refocuses and moves with the spell.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
I occasionally see this happen when casting a spell if I have a few charms triggering on me.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
What happened to me twice since the last bug fix update, was that I'll be in the battle circle, but not yet in the battle, and then the camera spins and I get the "outside of combat" camera view. I can open up my spell book, look at spells, pets, crafting, etc, though they will all be blank. I can also see my giftbox, AND interact with it fully, my compass, etc. Then, when it's time to pick a spell, I can do that too.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2012
I have the same thing happening to me too. It's completely random when it happens even though most of the times it happens is when I use scarecrow. Also it has happened mostly in wizard city streets (don't remember which ones off hand). Hope this helps you guys out , Dworgen.

Cameron Shadowspear
"Death is a natural part of life. Embrace it."

Explorer
Aug 25, 2013
This happens to me often, although randomly. It's just a camera angle change. I'd be happy to video the game for a while and then cut and paste the area when it happens?

As mentioned above, you will be in a battle, select your card, then all of a sudden have the camera at the back of your head until another player selects his card.

Or, you will be engaged in battle, a spell has been cast, and the camera centers on you.

It doesn't take way from (or add to) the fight experience at all, is just odd.

I've had it happen in many different worlds over the last few weeks.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I've noticed it happens to me when I try to enchant a card and for some reason it doesn't. It changes camera angle to right behind me and then I can enchant the spell properly.