Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 50 Elixer question

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 08, 2015
does the elixer include side quests through the worlds along with the storyline quests or is the upgrade incomplete? For instance, the Zeke and Elouise quests and others that award spells?

Description is a little sketchy.

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
I'm not completely sure, but I think that side quests are not completed, and you have to do them yourself. All the main quests up to the end of Dragonspyre are completed though.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
cardorarla on Aug 28, 2016 wrote:
does the elixer include side quests through the worlds along with the storyline quests or is the upgrade incomplete? For instance, the Zeke and Elouise quests and others that award spells?

Description is a little sketchy.
Only the main quest line is completed by the elixir. You can still go back and do the side quests, like I'm doing now, for the Zeke quests. You do, however, get the spells from spell quests, I believe, up to 50.

Defender
Jun 08, 2015
BloodyJohnJenkins on Aug 28, 2016 wrote:
Only the main quest line is completed by the elixir. You can still go back and do the side quests, like I'm doing now, for the Zeke quests. You do, however, get the spells from spell quests, I believe, up to 50.
Thank you, this is what I wanted to know . . . is sad they didn't include that as it's easier to do them during the questing than to find them otherwise. And I think the side quests are how you get your pets.

Defender
Jun 08, 2015
Grizzleheim and Wysteria are covered in the upgrade, right?

Defender
Jun 08, 2015
Very disappointed!! I fell for it, thinking it skipped everything up Celestia . . . so why am I supposed to go to Wysteria??????

Very disappointed in the description of the Elixir; it should have been more explicit.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
cardorarla on Sep 1, 2016 wrote:
Very disappointed!! I fell for it, thinking it skipped everything up Celestia . . . so why am I supposed to go to Wysteria??????

Very disappointed in the description of the Elixir; it should have been more explicit.
Wysteria is completely optional. There's no need to complete it for anything. The first half of Grizzleheim is included, Wintertusk isn't.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
cardorarla on Aug 30, 2016 wrote:
Thank you, this is what I wanted to know . . . is sad they didn't include that as it's easier to do them during the questing than to find them otherwise. And I think the side quests are how you get your pets.
I used this on my Myth, and got the Myth pet, Orthrus - the level 48 quest pet, along with the level 50 gear. So, you don't have to go back and do that.

I think I was able to take a spell quest after I used it, for the Cyclops minion spell. It let me do the quest, even though the spell was already in my deck. So, I suppose those side quests may be there, but not needed, as all the spells up to 50 are included.

I am getting training points for going back on Zeke quests... which I agree, would have been nice to have them done as well, as they're easier to get while questing. But, I can understand, they did state that it only completed main story line quests.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
cardorarla on Sep 1, 2016 wrote:

Wysteria is an optional world, as it wasn't even part of the game to begin with. The whole thing is essentially a side quest, and not needed to advance. I went back and did it, just because I like it, and the clothing and trophy are fun items to have.

Jonathan Lionheart