Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Let it snow, a Redux for Yuletide

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
As I am sitting here in my office, we are breaking yet another all-time heat warning record for August thanks to El Nino, global climate catastrophe, or A Gift from Dragonspyre...take your pick.

My mind drifts on ahead to winter, when perhaps we can get a respite from the sticky heat and instead, grouse about the endless slush and ice. Ah, but there's always the Spiral, where mounts don't stall due to cold weather and the sun is only a spiral door away.

The last time someone mentioned this was back in 2010, so the occasion calls for a brand-new thread.

It has never snowed on Wizard City, never in the Commons, never in Triton Ave, never in unicorn way. The lawn on the Pavilion has seen nary a flake of snow, Firecat Alley has yet to experience its first cold snap, Cyclops Lane's trees have never felt the bite of Jack Frost or the paintbrush of Autumn Fox.

I say, this coming Yuletide season, let the weather in.

A light dusting of snow on the green in Unicorn Way, a few flakes in the air over a new blanket in the Commons, some gorgeous blazing scarlet and golden leaves on the trees in Cyclops, and Triton Ave's weeping willows gilded and glazed with Graupel.

Firecat Alley, well, let's say it doesn't rain much there, but the marmalade cast to the sky has been replaced by a chill eventide of magenta and purple.

"Who left the Colossus gate open and let the snow birds out?" well, the shopping district doesn't know exactly who, but is beset by a brisk snowfall, shoppers dodging and trudging through new drifts piled up outside the shops.

Olde Town - why look, some cheeky Apprentice has built a large, lopsided Snowman on the lawn beside Sapphyra's Tower. Everything is layered with sparkling, new snow. Gloria went back inside and fetched her fur hat and gloves and snowboots.

Maybe if only for a week or so, WC should definitely show some seasons. Oh and I wouldn't go into Colossus Blvd just about then - the Gobblers are all wearing garish nordic sweaters and earmuffs, so they can't hear you shouting at them to stop munching on all the road signs.

Snow particle effects and new layers/drifts for Yuletide - yea or nay?

Explorer
Feb 10, 2012
Hero
May 07, 2015
you my friend, just blew my mind with the snow idea! so yea! I want this really bad!

Defender
Oct 24, 2012
I've wanted this to happen for so long and never posted about it! I agree 100%, maybe in an addition to seasons they could make weather effects like partially cloudy, windy, rainy, and even snowing!

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Yes, I've often thought about how snow in WC would seem much more appropriate (and fun). I don't know how difficult it would be, but I think it would be worth the effort, personally. Hopefully KI can read this thread in time to take it into consideration!

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
That would be cool to see at least in the Commons type areas. (I'd be okay, if the streets remained unaffected.) If they really got into it maybe you could even see your footprints for a few seconds before they are covered up by new found snow!