Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Loremaster rare drop rate needs to be adjusted

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 08, 2011
I don't know if this should go here or the dorms, but I consider this a problem. I understand that getting a permanent spell should be difficult. But the drop rate for lore master is just too insanely low. I understand that the drop system is completely random and the other part of it is private information, it just needs to be raised. Take this data from RowanRainrider for example:
Death- 30 fights (fomori), 70 fights (catalan), 90 fights (samoorai), 226 fights (weaver), 300 fights (brimstone), 380 fights (loremaster), 730 fights (deer knight).

Balance- 397 fights ((deer knight (yes, it took 397 fights before my balance got her first spell)), 418 fights (weaver), 508 fights (savage paw), 550 fights (keeper), 633 fights (goat monk), 718 fights (winter moon), 765 fights (lord of night), 863 fights (samoorai), 1,118 fights (fomori), 1,364 fights (ninja pigs), 1,375 fights (LORE MASTER) finally.

It took 730 fights to get a death spell on her death and 1,375 fights to get a balance spell on her balance. Now granted, maybe she was just unlucky, and at a certain point these fights are over in a round or two, and this data is from 2014, but that still means if it were minimum for her, that would be either 30 fights or 397 fights. And the spells aren't even super useful. Now I realize that its possible to get something first try, but this drop rate is ridiculous, the best rate is like 3.5%. The treasure cards to craft these spells feel like 1/3 the drop rate of a gear dungeon. And not to mention if you were to craft the unholy amount of rare materials, but that's a different rant. Anyways, this needs to be fixed.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
There's nothing to fix. You are getting lore spells for FREE, without spending anything on Lore packs. Crafting is a second FREE option and the reagents are only difficult to collect at lower levels. The drop rates you show don't seem unreasonable at all for something that is normally bought through crown card packs and you are getting for free.

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
seethe42 on Aug 8, 2016 wrote:
There's nothing to fix. You are getting lore spells for FREE, without spending anything on Lore packs. Crafting is a second FREE option and the reagents are only difficult to collect at lower levels. The drop rates you show don't seem unreasonable at all for something that is normally bought through crown card packs and you are getting for free.
You seem to be forgetting that time is a thing. Should you really have to fight the same battle over 500 times? As for crafting, that still takes a lot of effort. The chances of getting a card is like .01%. That's not fun, that's grinding plain and simple. It should be hard, really hard, but not next to impossible.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Bigboss1029 on Aug 9, 2016 wrote:
You seem to be forgetting that time is a thing. Should you really have to fight the same battle over 500 times? As for crafting, that still takes a lot of effort. The chances of getting a card is like .01%. That's not fun, that's grinding plain and simple. It should be hard, really hard, but not next to impossible.
Not sure where you got the .01% from. Cards drop there all the time and .01% means 1 in 10,000. No need to exaggerate. Time is a thing, so is money. Players can choose to spend time or money. It is a business after all.

Survivor
Sep 02, 2009
Bigboss1029 on Aug 9, 2016 wrote:
No, Seethe has a point.

Understand that you are getting spells for free, and you COULD craft these spells if you wanted to. Honestly, getting spells from a boss is legit pretty AWESOME, but shouldn't be judged because it's low drop rate, it's really overpowered spells if you come to think about it.

But I don't know. I've done Loremaster several times to not get the spell "Luminous Weaver"

-Tyler LifeRunner

Prodigious Theurgist

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
Literally my friend wants loremaster, he has every spell except for keeper, the new storm and myth ones, and lore. He farmed for 2 weeks nonstop and did not get lore. He even got the new fire spell, but no lore. Ridiculous.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
seethe42 on Aug 8, 2016 wrote:
they could adjust the drop rate SLIGHTLY (read that as minimally), and it wouldnt break the game. The REAL issue is, who actually USES the spells? Before this update, and not counting the key boss dropped spells, I have every school specific spell for each wizard school I have, and I dont ever use those spells. I have them for completionist sake. I dont mind putting my time in to farm, and never have, but if nothing else, the tcs should drop a tad more frequently. I'll run the spiral over looking for reagents, but it's not worth it without the tcs. Now all that said, these new tcs will be more available over time. like anything else, people are hording tcs so they can be the first on the block with the "new toy".

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
seethe42 on Aug 9, 2016 wrote:
Not sure where you got the .01% from. Cards drop there all the time and .01% means 1 in 10,000. No need to exaggerate. Time is a thing, so is money. Players can choose to spend time or money. It is a business after all.
Oops, I meant .1%, about 1/100 for the latter example to get the card wanted. or about .25% (1/~400). Best about 3%. I'm saying, yes, make people farm for it, but don't make it practically impossible.

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
WarlordLife on Aug 9, 2016 wrote:
No, Seethe has a point.

Understand that you are getting spells for free, and you COULD craft these spells if you wanted to. Honestly, getting spells from a boss is legit pretty AWESOME, but shouldn't be judged because it's low drop rate, it's really overpowered spells if you come to think about it.

But I don't know. I've done Loremaster several times to not get the spell "Luminous Weaver"

-Tyler LifeRunner

Prodigious Theurgist
I would craft them, if they ever dropped the tc. I just grinded lore master from 9pm-1am straight. I got 1 athena tc and maybe 2-3 other random rare tc to drop, and no perm spells (at all). It takes 10 to craft. Fortunately, I was able to trade for 2-3 more, but still, the drop rate should be just slightly higher. same goes for the rare tc.

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
dayerider on Aug 9, 2016 wrote:
they could adjust the drop rate SLIGHTLY (read that as minimally), and it wouldnt break the game. The REAL issue is, who actually USES the spells? Before this update, and not counting the key boss dropped spells, I have every school specific spell for each wizard school I have, and I dont ever use those spells. I have them for completionist sake. I dont mind putting my time in to farm, and never have, but if nothing else, the tcs should drop a tad more frequently. I'll run the spiral over looking for reagents, but it's not worth it without the tcs. Now all that said, these new tcs will be more available over time. like anything else, people are hording tcs so they can be the first on the block with the "new toy".
This is all I want. A little more perm spells, a little more tc, not much. I just farmed from 9pm-1am straight and only got 1 athena tc from the drops, no perm spells at all, and maybe 1 calypso and a savage paw. I can't even craft it because I only have 5/10 of the athena cards (most from trading). I know a little down the line it will be more common, but seriously, 4 hours straight of the same battle with barely anything to show for it. That's just not right. It needs to be at least slightly adjusted.